Dealt to Hero A:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 3:club: Q:heart: T:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($4) 3:club: Q:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero folds

BB wins $3.80

He said he was NL100 player on FTP

Against this player its not worth to cbet unless you have top pair at least I guess. But if I don't cbet, he bets himself most likely. So probaly this is check/raise move on flop?

But if he calls a check raise, what then? Give up? So maybe just play hand which have value and not try to bluff him? Of course not 100% of the time, but choose spot where to bluff very carefully.
  • 6 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Really weak line , bet/call check / fold. You are really easy to exloit post flop. Why did you bet that small ? and once when he miniRaise you fold without any Equity or reraise him strong if you got any good reads on him but I would reraise him only with any FD/OESD combo. Please stop thinking and leveling to much players on these limits is it really worth it ? Level 3 thinking ?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Yeah, I see myself its weak. If he does not fold to cbet, then by logic its not worth to bet and give up. I bet small becasue the board is not that drawy,, of course there are some draws, like with KJ, so probably I should b et a bit bigger if I try to bluff.

He minraises, so I think - he just has nothing, so folding would be too weak, but calling with this hand is also not the best option.

Please stop thinking and leveling to much players on these limits is it really worth it ? Level 3 thinking ?

I know that this player can play NL100, so automatically I think that he thinks at least in level 4 :D but actually in this thread I don't see where I talked about thise levelings
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, what you gonna achieve with the 1/2 pot size bet there? He ain't folding ever there, but rather raising or at least floating. Rather even just Check/Fold right here if you even don't have a plan.

Going for Bet/Call here is just horrible, he ain't gonna give it up on turn anyways if he is aggressive player and obviously you are way too easy exploitable here.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Going for Bet/Call here is just horrible

Still much to learn :D I knew this play is bad, but just after the hand :) Probably thats why I am having negative graph at NL20 :D
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Hello Veriz ,

Please tell me if flop would be : xQTtt hearts if he would raise your cb what you game plan , you'll reraise him once again at flop ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Hello Veriz ,

Please tell me if flop would be : xQTtt hearts if he would raise your cb what you game plan , you'll reraise him once again at flop ?
      Hopefully we are talking about double here? Then there are practically 2 plans we could have, either:
      Plan a) I am taking the perfect odds which he is giving us with the min-raise and just Call. Might even let him continue with bluffs and still we could even get good odds on turn and maybe value if we even hit.
      Plan b) I have Some expectations that he is raising us light and has it done for couple of times already. I would then consider 3betting. But the bad thing in Plan b is that what's you going to do if he 4bets you? With your plan and putting him on bluffs/weak range then we also have to consider even playing for the stacks if we 3bet.