fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 6:heart: A:club: T:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.40) 6:heart: A:club: T:diamond: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.40) 6:heart: A:club: T:diamond: J:spade: Q:spade:

SB bets $1, Hero folds

SB wins $1.33

He is not folding better hand to a cbet, but don't know if I can get calls from worse hands. Maybe I could from 6x, 22-55, ok, from guthots maybe. So what do you think?

My hand is very vulnerable, but I think I cannot waste money on other streets and bluff him out. Have to just wait for better flop I guess.

Edit: just looked at fold to cbet on turn, and in 4 times its pretty high. So I could make two barrels here and have the money.
  • 9 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      For me it's easy standart cb. Check his call open from blinds and tell me what range does he have ?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      In SB he calls 10% of the hands, pretty wide, so often he has not hit, but also there should be a lot of aces. WIth some aces like AQ, AK he is probably 3beting, but also might even wider, it should depend on situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Against that kind of opponent it's either we are 2nd barreling as his fold to 2nd barrel is huge or just Check/Folding as you did. There is no point to just CB the flop and then give it up while he is floating huge amount of the time and most likely no matter for him either IP or OOP.

Best Regards.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Against that kind of opponent it's either we are 2nd barreling as his fold to 2nd barrel is huge or just Check/Folding as you did. There is no point to just CB the flop and then give it up while he is floating huge amount of the time and most likely no matter for him either IP or OOP.

Best Regards.
      I don't like 2nd barreling "J" here , should we really do that ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Best Regards.
      Nah, I was talking overall the boards, not just this board. But on this board most likely nope.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Best Regards.
      Nah, I was talking overall the boards, not just this board. But on this board most likely nope.
      I thought you include this board. So we don't bet because Jack might hit his range often and he will not fold, as I understand now. So we second barrel on low turn cards, if we cbet on Axx flop, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Plus of course if he is even an aggressive opponent he may easily even play back on turn anyways. If he usually Calls on such a dry board it's rather towards a Ax hand.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If he usually Calls on such a dry board it's rather towards a Ax hand.

If he calls second time on turn you meant, right? Because if he calls flop, Axx, then this does not necesarrily mean he has an ace, because of his low fold to cbet and on Axx he can think that its perfect board to bluff.

Edit:

Against that kind of opponent it's either we are 2nd barreling

Remembered this, so this also shows that you didn't want to say that his calling flop means ace very often.

BTW: yesterday in coaching I didn't heard evaluation of my AJs hand, so if you asked me for some more data and I didn't respond, sorry, I was tallking to a phone at that moment.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If he Calls on flop, since also something like JT completed and some GS may even continue there like KJ/QJ.