Stack
      MP3:
      $2.55
      CO:
      $7.61
      Hero:
      $3.86

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.21) 9:diamond: , 4:spade: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      MP3 bets $0.1, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.41) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.25, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.41

I noticed that villain had 100% c-bet with a low aggro factor. I decided to float the flop as it was dry and could not see it hitting his range either. I bet turn after he gave up.
  • 7 replies
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi Lynius,
      I wouldnt say the board is dry with possible SD and FD. However looking at villians wtsd and w$sd stats combined with your conti bet read on him it looks like you made the correct call.

Thus from stats it looks like he will only continue after the flop if he has hit something and will go to SD otherwise in majority of cases he will just conti bet bluff the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lynius,

Preflop: Against 3xBB raise I guess I would even squeeze here than play it in multiway pot with my AQo, it ain't that strong in multiway pots.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you float the flop? Not the best spot to float, I'd just lay it down while we played it passively. Doubt that you had even any plans with your hands.

Best Regards.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Pre-flop my play would have been better to either fold or raise I'll agree.

Post-flop my plan was to float and bet turn. If draws came in (which 7 :spade: gave) I had a good feeling he'd fold and if not, I thought he'd probably fold either way.

I couldn't see his range connecting in anyway with the flop 2bh - why is it not the best spot to float? (I need to learn :) )

I know it's not particularly something I should be doing at micros (I remember Bierbar mentioning it in one of his coachings and wanted to try an implementation).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't try to float stations or either even bluff, not really worth!
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Are you sure you're not getting MP3 confused with CO?

Sorry to be so argumentative, you know you're my favourite coach :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lynius
      Are you sure you're not getting MP3 confused with CO?

Sorry to be so argumentative, you know you're my favourite coach :)
      Well, actually somehow I thought it's NL4 according your stack and gave him a tag of bad player since the stack but it's over 100BB. :) But still I would strongly not advice to float those opponents. It's still that NL2 players are pretty loose and even if you hit you will never know where you stand neither you know if you are able to make him fold or not.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      OK :) I'll make sure to avoid the floating so much. I guess even with a low vpip I have to be cautious of llama knows what being thrown at me.

Think I made a similar play recently that turned out rather poorly for me (my self review comment involved me praising my ending of the session a few hands shortly).