What NL limit do you need to change gear?

• Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      I mean, Right now Im playing NL10 BSS. (I play Full tilt)

Ive done couple of sneaks at the NL25 table and the table seems even juicier. (Is it just an impression?)

Right now I follow the SHC-BSS to about 90% of times. I do all standard raises.

Anyone could tell me when do you need to apply Deception alot more to your game?

When do the table really become hard to beat (at low limits)

Oh yeah, And I play FR 99.99$ of time
  • 4 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      NL200+
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I havn't played NL200 myself yet (and probably will take a little while before i get there), but I would say that's about right. ABC poker should be enough to beat all the lower limits.

While that is true, some - well considered - chages from the ABC poker could probably boost your BB/100 at the lower limits if you feel that you are ready for it and understand all the basic concepts completely. When incorporating new moves in you arsenal of weapons at the table it could be a good idea to lower the amounts of table you play, since you will get better reads, and are able to decide which play would be better much more easily.

One last note: If ever in doubt of what would be the better option, stick to the standard play, and only use out-of-the-line play, when you know your opponent.

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      but of course the more you change gears the less tables you can play. i think hourly rate is more or less maximised with ABC poker at the lower limits. there's also the problem of sometimes overthinking, and assuming intelligence.
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      I was just wondering. Ive got a long way until NL200 so, I think ill be good for now