Invest your money - not in poker !

• Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      After two years of playing poker I have finally decided to call it a day and concentrate on making money through other avenues, investing in the stock markets etc.

I have learnt everything you need to know about poker, tournament and cash games and even enjoyed the odd moment of fortune but I have quite simply had enough. Basically I believe poker is rigged. I have kept records over the past year of all my hands in 6 player cash poker and the findings are quite shocking. I have not had my share of luck as the stats show and unless I am one of the unluckiest poker players alive then I believe online poker is crooked. Only yesterday I raised pre-flop with AA and the Big blind called. The flop was 10 3 3.....my opponent was holding 10 3 off suit....I went broke....how can anyone call with those cards unless they know whats coming. I then had 10 10 and re-raised a raise. That person re-raised me all in so I called. They had A J, who would risk all their money pre-flop with A J unless they knew what was coming, I lost as miraculously an Ace appeared. Later I re-raised a raise with AK suited only for that person to go all in. They had 87 of hearts. As you can probably guess by now I lost when three hearts miraculously appeared. I could go on forever but I'm even boring myself. All these hands weren't a one off. This kind of treatment was regular and unless I want to suffer a deep depression I thought the time had come to stop.

I personally believe that my poker was very good. I never had to deposit money after my initial payment but because of constant bad luck or rigged games I never managed to make much. My advice is that however good you get the online site will decide your desiny not you !
  • 37 replies
    • Takiozi
      Takiozi
      Bronze
      I somewhat agree

but there are alot of players who just dont care and play on luck so they call with all kinds of cards

but i cant even count how many items i have thought the same thing you do, that online poker is rigged sometimes
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      So where are these records?

Also learned everything you need to know? LOL
      Why not just ask Phil Galfond for a spot coaching at bluefire if you know all there is to know?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      COOL STORY BRO! :s_thumbsup:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Why not Phil Galfond dont ask a coaching to you, because there is always something to learn, so could be interested to hear something from Poker-Almighty
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      For your information the stock market and forex market is sadly as rigged as Poker.

You see it can make strange movements, totally against forecasts. Surely it is rigged.

Actually to be serious, there is FX and stock manipulation... there is no poker manipulation. You be the judge of what is "rigged"
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Actually to be serious, there is FX and stock manipulation... there is no poker manipulation. You be the judge of what is "rigged"
      George Soros anyone? :f_p:
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      Obv, you are a very good and thinking player. Just try not to learn anything new, do not spoil your style and give it one more chance at higher stakes, they will respect your raises there etc. It is less rigged, because it would be much more obvious than at the lower stakes.
      Please, write the site and your screen name here when you make the deposit.
      :s_love:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by PokerPirate1
      Obv, you are a very good and thinking player. Just try not to learn anything new, do not spoil your style and give it one more chance at higher stakes, they will respect your raises there etc. It is less rigged, because it would be much more obvious than at the lower stakes.
      Heh. I see what you did there.
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      show the stats that proves poker is rigged pls, i'm so curious! otherwise you are just another sad whining man
    • Darkzzz
      Darkzzz
      Black
      The fact that you bring up single hands instead of graphs to prove your point, kills your credibility.
    • subscriber
      subscriber
      Bronze

Praying on vulnerable, are we?? :s_cool:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Actually, as it happens, I'm on the boomswitch list.

For example, the other day.....I had J3o in the SB but received an IM from the support team to ship-it.

Silly moron on the BU obviously calls with Aces and the flop is J33. I mean.....doesn't he KNOW poker is rigged???

EZ game.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Actually, as it happens, I'm on the boomswitch list.

For example, the other day.....I had J3o in the SB but received an IM from the support team to ship-it.

Silly moron on the BU obviously calls with Aces and the flop is J33. I mean.....doesn't he KNOW poker is rigged???

EZ game.
      God damn it, I got IM from support you only have J3. They're so abnoxiously rude.
    • VicoII
      VicoII
      Bronze
      never give up man!! you sound solid
    • topdammer
      topdammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Darkzzz
      The fact that you bring up single hands instead of graphs to prove your point, kills your credibility.
      +1
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      thouse "rigged" stories are just stupid!
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Good luck with your stock market investments.

Now is not the time you want to get into the markets though with Europe poised to implode
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy

Now is not the time you want to get into the markets though with Europe poised to implode
      I personally think that it might in fact be the best opportunity we may see in our lives. Agreed on that with a few people that are into this.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy

I personally think that it might in fact be the best opportunity we may see in our lives. Agreed on that with a few people that are into this.
      Yeah stocks are crazy cheap, but I think you need to make sure you'd be investing in stocks that wouldn't suffer too badly when (not if) Greece defaults. It also depends on the manner of their default, like at the moment Sarkozy and Merkel just aren't coming up with a suitable agreement, so the default would be pretty damn messy and could have a huge knock-on.

However, if they do manage to get a bit more certainty on things, and come up with a good plan of action, then the markets could rocket up.

I think things are just too high variance right now to get involved as a beginner