BB: $12.70
      UTG: $10.24
      MP: $10.65
      CO: $17.51

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 7:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 3:club: 7:spade: 8:spade:
      BB bets $0.42, Hero raises to $1.90, BB raises to $3.38, Hero raises to $13.89, BB calls $8.92

Turn: ($25.45, 2 players) 9:spade:

River: ($25.45, 2 players) 9:club:

Hero shows 7:heart: 8:heart: (Two Pair, Nines and Eights) (Pre 39%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      BB shows 7:diamond: 7:club: (Full House, Sevens full of Nines) (Pre 61%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      BB wins $24.18

BB player: unknown
      Flop: pretty sick situation against unknown player, even if I knew my opponent I would be hard to fold. I hit on the flop top two, no straight available, he could have been playing in this way also overpairs like TT+, sometimes he could have done this with nuts flush draw... only sets beat me, what do you think
  • 6 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      when you are 3-beted i think its better to go for pot control and not shove.

Im not sure though becouse if you call the 3-bet and call turn and river i think you still get all the money in and lose. It is really hard to see the set on a Flop like this.

I would put it in the Bad beat category and live on:D

Best regards,
      Bogdan
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

There is no point to pick pot control line here anyways. Either we go broke here as you did or just fold it on flop. Although on such a board I doubt that its' totally off even to go broke here. He may easily even have a lot worse hands, while we also block some sets then it's not that likely anyways him to hold sets.

Although that's true that often times people pick such a line as small-bet/3bet with very strong hands, although we might even time to time see some slowplayed KK/AA here so I doubt I am either getting it away. Just don't forget to take a note.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so I can treat this hand like normal situation. Just happens. Not much to do and I have to add hands like this to expenses :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      so I can treat this hand like normal situation. Just happens. Not much to do and I have to add hands like this to expenses :)
      Well, if we knew the opponent then not really. :) What do you think a super-passive player would raise here with?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I forgot add... if my opponent is unknown...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I forgot add... if my opponent is unknown...
      Well, it's kinda hard to get it away here. While some people even overplay their overpairs here this way and of course maybe even draws. Not that many sets are possible neither while you block already some of the outs. So I guess I'd still make the crying go-broke here if I plan to raise it.