Dealt to Hero T:diamond: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) J:spade: 4:club: 8:diamond:

SB bets $1.40, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $2.10

TURN ($8.40) J:spade: 4:club: 8:diamond: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.40) J:spade: 4:club: 8:diamond: K:heart: 8:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

I decide to raise flop, because such bets from him looks like bluffs, I saw him making big bets on river as bluffs, and I don't wanna see overcards on next streets and call him down. If he decides to call with weaker hand (and I believe he might do it) and do tricky moves later, then at least I want to make him cost money on flop. There are some straight draws, so he can easily pay me.

(Hope he is not PS.com member :) otherwise he will know what I am htinking :) ) or maybe I should start hiding nicknames in statistics.
  • 8 replies
    • iiikrrr
      iiikrrr
      Bronze
      I like the raise on the flop. I might bet for a thin value on the turn and that way you'll likely get the pot checked to you on the river and we avoid calling his bets on the river. I think he has some draws when he plays like this, and I don't think that he is going to fold the on the turn for a halfish pot size bet.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I was thinking about betting the turn, but I didn't want to bet big, but also if I bet small he might smell weakness and raise me and I will not want to get in with this hand.

BTW, this player has pretty high WTSD stat. Is this normal because he a little bit maniac, or he is going to showdowns too often and should loose money in the long run?
    • iiikrrr
      iiikrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I was thinking about betting the turn, but I didn't want to bet big, but also if I bet small he might smell weakness and raise me and I will not want to get in with this hand.
      Yeah of course you would be bet/folding the turn since TJ isn't good enough to go broke there. Eventhough opponent looks like a player who might be semibluffing on the turn, and he doesn't have too much Ks in his range which he would be donk/calling on the flop I'd still bet/fold the turn without better reads. So I'd bet to ~3.5-4.5 and fold to his raise on the turn since I believe he is going to call with a draw a much more than raise.

BTW, this player has pretty high WTSD stat. Is this normal because he a little bit maniac, or he is going to showdowns too often and should loose money in the long run?

I don't know the correct answere to this and I'm also curious what it is. But I think he might be just running well cardwise and hitting good setups etc.. :D Also 1.6k hands isn't imo enough to tell whether or not he is showdowning too often.

e. If he is very aggro his WTSD should be smallish.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      So I'd bet to ~3.5-4.5 and fold to his raise on the turn since I believe he is going to call with a draw a much more than raise.

4.5 maybe is ok, but I think if I bet 3.5 he is insta raising because of weakness. If I would have lets say a two pair, I am not betting that small, so he might raise and hope I am folding my one pair hands, especially K on turn might be scare for me.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Ok , please tell me why we are raise flop and from what worste hands we taking value ? Can I see here only J9 / T9 / ?
    • iiikrrr
      iiikrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Ok , please tell me why we are raise flop and from what worste hands we taking value ? Can I see here only J9 / T9 / ?
      What would the opponent be donking on the flop? I'd put him on a draw/Jx after the donk/call OTF(mostly after donk/calls on the flop from this kind of players I've seen a draw), and only reasonable draw out there is T9. I think he is folding J9 pre most of the time. I like to raise the flop in this kind of spots because it makes the rest of decisions easier and because opponent isn't representing anything wise by donking a pot to that kind of flop imo. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

There ain't many worse hands which will continue on flop. I mean why don't you just Call it and keep a lot of bluffs in the play and maybe even weaker pairs/PPs. Also let him continue with his bluffs, I am not raising the flop.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I mean why don't you just Call it and keep a lot of bluffs in the play and maybe even weaker pairs/PPs. Also let him continue with his bluffs, I am not raising the flop.

But it is so hard to call three streets with this pair and low kicker. There might be so many hands that he might catch.

Actually he called flop with 5s7s so not that bad to get value from these :) yeah, he could bluff on other streets with this hand. But if overcard shows up or two overcards, it might hit he range so well, and so I thought I want to who strength on flop, so he would not push me out on other streets.

There ain't many worse hands which will continue on flop.

And if we count his Ax, Kx, Qx, so here we have worse hands. He might think that he might bluff me out or cathc overcar on later streets so he will call.