This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Aq

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Ivankolo ($10)
      CO THIMUCHIN ($14.10)
      BTN Dragar ($13.90)
      SB kizi7 ($10.20)
      BB jim_jom31 ($14.46)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Dragar is BTN A:diamond: Q:club:
      Ivankolo raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Dragar calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: A:club: 3:heart: 10:diamond: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Ivankolo bets $0.60, Dragar calls $0.60

Turn: J:heart: ($2.15, 2 players)
      Ivankolo bets $1.50, Dragar folds

Final Pot: $3.65

Ivankolo wins $3.55 (net +$1.05)

Dragar lost $1

Villain: 20/18

I do not see that I beat him on turn anymore.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Isn't this clear 3bet preflop?

With call like this you dont know where u stand. Villian is playing line bet/bet/bet and you dont have any information about his hand.

Probably turn fold is OK but you faced a difficult decision because you didnt 3bet preflop.

This is just my non pro opinion:) )
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I cold call some times vs decent players so I underrep my hand and can extract value if I since villain will have slightly weaker raising range in UTG than AQ.

Reason why I fold is because I give him AT+ UTG raise range, and hence with the turn everything beats me now. I do not see him betting any more PP here.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Isn't this clear 3bet preflop?
      Why do you think we have to 3bet preflop? When we make a bet we should ask ouselves two questions:
      - are there any worse hands calling
      - are there any better hands folding
      Since villian is unknown we can't tell that he is going to call us with AT in that spot for example and I doubt that he is not going to go broke with AK/QQ+ here so 3betting here will turn our hand into a bluff which is not good.

With call like this you dont know where u stand.
      To know where we stand (a.k.a gaining information) is not a reason to make a bet.

About the hand:

I like the turn fold because villian is rarely betting worse hand in this spot and we are most likely behind.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dragar,

By the way you should be able to turn off the names to anonymous and yourself as Hero. Would be nice if you did that. There is a button for that in weaktight.

About the hand I don't mind your play at all. I mean what's the reason for 3betting while you could easily even Call and keep weaker Ax/Qx in the hand. Plus you have the position, might be too weak to turn your hand just into bluff while you could still overplay the opponent postflop. And of course I wouldn't change much in your play, I doubt that we beat much on turn, there ain't gonna be a lot worse hands anyways in his range. Nice hand!

Best Regards.