Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG Ivankolo ($10)
      CO THIMUCHIN ($14.10)
      BTN Dragar ($13.90)
      SB kizi7 ($10.20)
      BB jim_jom31 ($14.46)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Dragar is BTN A:diamond: Q:club:
      Ivankolo raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Dragar calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: A:club: 3:heart: 10:diamond: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Ivankolo bets $0.60, Dragar calls $0.60

Turn: J:heart: ($2.15, 2 players)
      Ivankolo bets $1.50, Dragar folds

Final Pot: $3.65

Ivankolo wins $3.55 (net +$1.05)

Dragar lost $1

Villain: 20/18

I do not see that I beat him on turn anymore.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Isn't this clear 3bet preflop?

With call like this you dont know where u stand. Villian is playing line bet/bet/bet and you dont have any information about his hand.

Probably turn fold is OK but you faced a difficult decision because you didnt 3bet preflop.

This is just my non pro opinion:) )
    • Dragar
      I cold call some times vs decent players so I underrep my hand and can extract value if I since villain will have slightly weaker raising range in UTG than AQ.

Reason why I fold is because I give him AT+ UTG raise range, and hence with the turn everything beats me now. I do not see him betting any more PP here.
    • kymupa
      Isn't this clear 3bet preflop?
      Why do you think we have to 3bet preflop? When we make a bet we should ask ouselves two questions:
      - are there any worse hands calling
      - are there any better hands folding
      Since villian is unknown we can't tell that he is going to call us with AT in that spot for example and I doubt that he is not going to go broke with AK/QQ+ here so 3betting here will turn our hand into a bluff which is not good.

With call like this you dont know where u stand.
      To know where we stand (a.k.a gaining information) is not a reason to make a bet.

About the hand:

I like the turn fold because villian is rarely betting worse hand in this spot and we are most likely behind.
    • veriz
      Hello Dragar,

By the way you should be able to turn off the names to anonymous and yourself as Hero. Would be nice if you did that. There is a button for that in weaktight.

About the hand I don't mind your play at all. I mean what's the reason for 3betting while you could easily even Call and keep weaker Ax/Qx in the hand. Plus you have the position, might be too weak to turn your hand just into bluff while you could still overplay the opponent postflop. And of course I wouldn't change much in your play, I doubt that we beat much on turn, there ain't gonna be a lot worse hands anyways in his range. Nice hand!

Best Regards.