[NL2-NL10] NL5 6max KK in 4bet pot OOP

• tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hello veriz,

Just beaten NL2 w00t! lol..

Ok, villain is 25/6/3bet 17/16hands

I think it's a fish.

Is it worth to cbet on A high board with KK, because he is never folding ace?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.01)
      BB ($3.30)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.84)
      CO ($5.29)
      BTN ($5.08)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, CO raises to $0.45, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.15, CO calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.37) A:heart: 3:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero bets $1.15, CO folds

Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade:

Hero wins $2.26
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I don't like the flop bet. In his range there are some QQ/JJ which he is not calling and some Ax hands so I don't even mind to c/f here if you don't think villian will bluff.
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      But c/f I think is too weak. If we check we can call a flop bet, of course depends on betting size, and then see how villain is acting on later streets.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      It depends on the range of hands on which he will cold call a 4-bet pre-flop.

Likely his range doesn't include AA or many Ax hands, maybe AK or AQ but this may even be a stretch.

Most likely his range is 99 - QQ, in my view at least. With that in mind you will need to get a feel for how villian plays post flop in order to determine the best way to get value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tadcka,

Congrats moving the stakes. :)

About the play I'd most likely also CBet there although I would do it a bit bigger ~$1,30 and not make it look way too weak which might even sometimes induce aggressive opponents to raise us if we are doing just 1/2 pot size bet. That's true that against such an opponent it's anyways way too weak to just Check/Fold while he could be holding a lot worse holdings which may bluff there into us.

Best Regards.