[NL2-NL10] NL25 topset on scary board

• random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Villain is 50/0 after 12 hands.

Is this a good value bet till showdown situation or do we give up sooner because of board?

On turn I thought full psb shove would be too strong so I went for a smaller bet.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($38.96)
      BB ($15)
      UTG ($13.70)
      UTG+1 ($14.07)
      Hero ($10.25)
      BTN ($32.69)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.85

FLOP ($2.55) T:diamond: 8:club: 9:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.10, UTG+1 calls $2.10

TURN ($6.75) T:diamond: 8:club: 9:heart: 7:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.90, UTG+1 calls $2.90

RIVER ($12.55) T:diamond: 8:club: 9:heart: 7:heart: A:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $4.15 (AI), UTG+1 calls $4.15
  • 4 replies
    • VipKen
      VipKen
      Silver
      Flop, I would cbet something like 2/3 pot, so something like $1.70-1.80.

Turn, with this kind of flop I'd rather check behind and play Check/Call or Check/Fold on the river. I'd rather try to keep the pot small here.

Your bet on the river will only get called by better hands that beat you, unless you expect he will call you down with Ax or 2 pair on such a flop ...
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Flop, because its drawy I thought he would call no matter how much I bet, so I decided to go a bit bigger.

Turn, looking back at the hand I think you are right, check and ch/ca ch/fo river depending on what he does. Just trying to not be results oriented, thats why im posting.

River, if I was ahead on the turn, I am still ahead, thats why I decided to went with it. Hands that I beat like A7-AT improved to two pair, and smaller suited connectors are already 2pairs.

I guess the question is, can we expect loose passive players to be betting with 2 pairs on scary boards or are they calling or even folding?
    • VipKen
      VipKen
      Silver
      Originally posted by random3
      I guess the question is, can we expect loose passive players to be betting with 2 pairs on scary boards or are they calling or even folding?
      Loose passive players will usually call you down with 2 pair on a every board. Only when they have the nuts, they might raise you. So it's always difficult playing against them. That's another argument why I would check behind on the river. Only with the nuts (or when I think I have the nuts) I will go broke against them, else I will try to keep the pot small.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

No i do not think they will bet 2pairs themselves on the River but I also do not think they call 100% of the time when you shove the River.

I think the Turn bet is fine for value to check back the River. if you think he still can call the riverbarrel with worse then the shove is fine

Best regards,
      Gerv