This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Switching from MSS to BSS

• GunnarPB
      GunnarPB
      Bronze
      I've been playing poker online for quite some time, I got my starting capital last year on full tilt and was playing sit'n goes but after a month or 2 just stopped playing until last month when i decided to come back playing (YEAH!!!) but I had just lost my bankroll on FTP( had about 60$ dam it black Friday) but fortunately PP was offering a free 50$ starting capital so i decided to start playing cash games on PP(after playing a good amount of sit'n goes i just realized that cash games are a better option for me) but i didn't have much cash game experience so i started reading the articles and decided to start my cash game life with a MSS because the articles said it's more beginner friendly.
      So I've read all the MSS basic and bronze articles and been playing 4 tables following the charts. I've already played a little bit more than 10k hands and I want to switch to BSS but I'm not sure if I'm ready because I've been losing recently playing MSS, here is a graph of my MSS life:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So i still have a little bit more than 43$ in my bankroll should I keep playing MSS until i start wining a decent amount and reach a certain bankroll or can i make a switch to BSS?
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Gunnar

It depends what you like. I think BSS develops your poker skills more over all as it is more of a postflop game. MSS is however a good way to develop your preflop skills.

Regards

Thazar
    • GunnarPB
      GunnarPB
      Bronze
      i prefer BSS over MSS all the way, i think MSS is kinda like sit'n goes it's just too automatic and you don't have to think, analyze as much as BSS(possible one of the main reasons why i like poker is the thinking, analytical process of the game)
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I made the switch. I felt that BSS had more to offer me in terms of what I wanted - study.

MSS will certainly have taught you solid fundamentals for a pre-flop game.

I remember moving from BSS to MSS and having moved back, I realised many flaws in my pre-flop game e.g. playing KJo from MP.