SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:heart: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.16, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.16, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.35, 2 players) 8:club: 6:heart: 4:heart:
      UTG+1 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero ???

Hi there,

On the turn can I call here? I think I have a good implied odds here - he got AF: 6.0 and I got overcard too, same reason with calling 8bb preflop, and I assume he got something like weaker PPs.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Nah, I don't like that much the Call on turn. The problem is that you can't even be sure that he has a hand there. While his AF is pretty high could easily even mean that he has pure air there and wont pay you on river. I'd rather just give it up on turn.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Oh yeah you're right higher AF means he bluff frequently, and doesn't increase my implied odds. Can I assume this vice versa if he has a lower AF, and start to be aggressive like c/r would increase my implied odds?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Oh yeah you're right higher AF means he bluff frequently, and doesn't increase my implied odds. Can I assume this vice versa if he has a lower AF, and start to be aggressive like c/r would increase my implied odds?
      Yep, then most likely your implied odds are going to be better since he rather will have a strong hand there. And being a bit deeper it might be a reason to Call but of course even then it's really close you have to expect the opponent to pay you on river with his stack.