This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - Flopped trip 10s

• numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.40
      SB:
      $1.06
      BB:
      $2.21
      UTG:
      $2.13
      UTG1:
      $3.04
      UTG2:
      $0.79
      MP1:
      $1.24
      MP2:
      $3.62
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.00
      CO:
      $0.93

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) T, T, J (3 players)
      BB bets $0.07, UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.21) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.41) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, BB raises to $2.02, Hero calls $1.11.

Final Pot: $4.24.

Should I have been more aggressive here and 3-bet either the flop or the turn? I was conscious of scaring him off the pot and there didn't really seem to be anything to protect against in the earlier stages, should I have 3-bet the flushdraw later on?
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      This is what I would've done:

Preflop
      I would've bet there. I want to isolate the limper. Now the BB can see a free flop.

Flop
      Now the BB bets into you. You don't know what he can have because he had a free flop.
      He could bet into you with Jx, 10x, maybe lower PP. with most of the 10x hands you have him beat. You have Jx beat, so I would raise him for value.

Turn
      He bets a very small amount 1/2 pot. And with the flushdraw on the board I don't want to give it to him very cheap.

River
      The rivercard is a bummer. I would rather call then raise. The flush has you beat right now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello numbnutter,

Preflop: I don't like your limp here at all. Rather just raise it up and might take the pot down right here.

As played
      Flop: Most likely I'd even consider raising it right here to build up the pot. If he doesn't have a hand he wont pay you anyways much. Although with his potting it may be the case that he is willing to pay you. And it's not a 3bet but just a raise, preflop 2nd to act after a raise is a 3bet, postflop it's just a raise.

As played
      Turn: Why ain't ya raising here? I mean how you gonna build up the pot, rather raise it right here and build up and at the same time even protect your hand.

As played
      River: Well, obviously you don't beat much here after he decides to even 3bet you. :) Couple of draws completed and that's the reason why you should rather act earlier and even protect your trips than play it this way as you did.

Best Regards.