[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - Flopped trip 10s

• numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.40
      SB:
      $1.06
      BB:
      $2.21
      UTG:
      $2.13
      UTG1:
      $3.04
      UTG2:
      $0.79
      MP1:
      $1.24
      MP2:
      $3.62
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.00
      CO:
      $0.93

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) T, T, J (3 players)
      BB bets $0.07, UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.21) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.41) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, BB raises to $2.02, Hero calls $1.11.

Final Pot: $4.24.

Should I have been more aggressive here and 3-bet either the flop or the turn? I was conscious of scaring him off the pot and there didn't really seem to be anything to protect against in the earlier stages, should I have 3-bet the flushdraw later on?
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      This is what I would've done:

Preflop
      I would've bet there. I want to isolate the limper. Now the BB can see a free flop.

Flop
      Now the BB bets into you. You don't know what he can have because he had a free flop.
      He could bet into you with Jx, 10x, maybe lower PP. with most of the 10x hands you have him beat. You have Jx beat, so I would raise him for value.

Turn
      He bets a very small amount 1/2 pot. And with the flushdraw on the board I don't want to give it to him very cheap.

River
      The rivercard is a bummer. I would rather call then raise. The flush has you beat right now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello numbnutter,

Preflop: I don't like your limp here at all. Rather just raise it up and might take the pot down right here.

As played
      Flop: Most likely I'd even consider raising it right here to build up the pot. If he doesn't have a hand he wont pay you anyways much. Although with his potting it may be the case that he is willing to pay you. And it's not a 3bet but just a raise, preflop 2nd to act after a raise is a 3bet, postflop it's just a raise.

As played
      Turn: Why ain't ya raising here? I mean how you gonna build up the pot, rather raise it right here and build up and at the same time even protect your hand.

As played
      River: Well, obviously you don't beat much here after he decides to even 3bet you. :) Couple of draws completed and that's the reason why you should rather act earlier and even protect your trips than play it this way as you did.

Best Regards.