pyranya2000

• pyranya2000
      pyranya2000
      Bronze
      here

hello everyone,i am from romania , i am 28 years old and i play poker from about half a year now, but my last two months where dead, i didnt played at all

i play NL2 MTT and I started to learn SNG 1$ today, but i like the most so far to play NL2 cash and MTT

overall i am at a balance with the ammount of money invested and won

but my mistake was that i won 300$ on MTT and made a cashout
      my bankroll now is 15$
  • 2 replies
    • pyranya2000
      pyranya2000
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Answer: my motivation is that i liked playng poker from when i was 14 years old, i played 5card draw..an now i discovered the texas hold'em whitch is more complex.i like playng poker and i want to become a better player than i am and possibly make somme money out of it considering that my sallary is 400$

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Answer : i consider myself a tight player but i cannot seam to pass the state that i am entering sometimes whe i loose to somme badbeats and leave the tables or just stop playng for somme time and just do somthing else...everytime that i lost a good amount of my bankroll was because of it.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Answer : It means to play a smaller range of hands that have the best odds against the other players and playing them aggresive so that we dont offer odds to the other players ,and by doing so making as much value from the players who play with a wider range of hands(loose players)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done! Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck.

Auch, it will definitely affect your BRM while you just have $15. Hopefully you will be able to grind it up.

Well, playing tight is totally right. :D Rather play tight than very loose. Although it might be also the problem that you have difficulties to adjust to tilt?
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing rather selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.