[NL2-NL10] nl5 - AA vs AQ

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Called pre-flop as villian had AF of 10 at that point and was fairly short stacked.

Figured he would be happy to get it in with far worse post flop.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $1.9
      Hero:
      $5.07

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.22, CO folds, Hero calls $0.22, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.52) 9:club: , 5:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

Turn: ($1.28) K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.28, Hero raises to $2.56, MP3 calls $0.02 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($3.88) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ad Qd)
      Hero shows (Ah As)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ad Qd)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: Well, I wouldn't say that short. :D I guess I'd just 3bet it and wont let people behind me Call. I don't like that much giving any respect to those small stacks. If they have a hand they are willing to pay you anyways. You don't even have to 3bet it that big. :)

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, not much to add.

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I wouldn't call it respect, its just a case that given his aggression and style it was my view that I can most likely get him to commit his remaining stack post flop. I assumed he would c-bet on the flop for example almost every time, and if I call would likely shove his remaining stack on turn.

If he was full stacked I would have raised him Pre-flop,the pot size would have to be bigger to ensure he can easily commit post flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, of course it's an possibility if you really think he would go broke with that much easier. But I tend to think that he is willing to go broke with hands like AQ or whatsoever rather preflop than postflop.