Pleximus

• Pleximus
      Pleximus
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like challenges, where I can win and have fun and on top of it the possibility to make money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

To believe the strategy is working and stick with it, when I don't see progress. Playing 100k hands and see if I am successful will take me a long time.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

tight: only play selected hands
      aggressive: I decide what the betting is going to be, I put opponents under pressure
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done! Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck.

Poker is a good way to make an extra salary to your income. :) But of course it's not the only reason why people like playing it. Competition and everything in it, some like math.

Although about your leaks I can't say much since from the text I can't tell either how you playing. I would advice that leaks can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing rather selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • Pleximus
      Pleximus
      Bronze
      veriz,

first of all thanks for your reply.

My question is: there is no guidance regarding the number of hands I should play/practice.
      What would you recommend?

I am aware of the fact, that I would need some time to include successfully the new pieces into my game and for sure will not be perfect for a long time, but could you give me a hint what you suggest for a beginner? So how many hands to play between the lessons?

Btw: I would stick to the suggested plan:
      -) go through a lesson
      -) play a session (about 45-60 mins)
      -) analyze the session

And another question: I already played MSS and SNGs (and also watched a lot of videos) and I think I have definitely more fun playing SNGs than BSS - however, I will go through this course, because I think my play in general will improve, regardless if its BSS, MSS or SNGs at the end of the day. But it would be fantastic if there would be the same class for SNGs - do you think there will be a class like this for SNGs ??

Thanks a lot for your advice
      regards, Pleximus
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My question is: there is no guidance regarding the number of hands I should play/practice. What would you recommend?

Well, as I read you like also playing SnGs. So I guess you will play both? Then it's really up to you, as you set already a plan then you can always set some goals for even hands. I can't really say how many hands you should be playing while I don't know how much free time you have, it's different for people. Could say 500hands per day, for some I could say 2k hands per day? It's really dependent what you trying to achieve and how much free time you have.

Btw: I would stick to the suggested plan:

Well, seems like a great plan. You can always try also adding Hand posting into it and discussion. Of course expand the plan everyday if you find something new.

And another question: I already played MSS and SNGs (and also watched a lot of videos) and I think I have definitely more fun playing SNGs than BSS - however, I will go through this course, because I think my play in general will improve, regardless if its BSS, MSS or SNGs at the end of the day. But it would be fantastic if there would be the same class for SNGs - do you think there will be a class like this for SNGs ??

If you even like SnGs more then go for it! Nobody really keeps you away from them, BSS Course definitely will expand your 100BB play. :) And obviously it's never too bad even to attend and get something new in your game. I would even recommend doing that. It's for free, why not?
      Although there were ideas of putting SnG classes as well, but not sure when it will become true.
    • Pleximus
      Pleximus
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

-) I think the stealing range is not very wide. Not sure, but when I check my stats, I think I could improve there a lot.
      -) better poketpairs I would raise in late position.
      -) I would differentiate a bit more. AQ should be played differently than AT. in MP3 I should fold if one called - with one limper I would not give up AQ.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      Stealing range question

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      46,32%
      interesting: about the same EV than TT - interesting for me, because I thought TT would be better ;-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Well, with stealing range we can work out. As I saw you already started posting hands. :)

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

Giving up AQo vs one limper is a bit too weak. The limper doesn't really matter, you can easily isolate the guy while your AQ is strong enough vs his limping range. It seems that you also playing pretty tight?

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.