[NL2-NL10] NL2 77 trips vs flush

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Vill: 34/11/159 hands

I looked at the hand and realized that I bet it maybe a little smal on flop and turn.

I think this would be better.
      Flop: ~$0.16
      Turn: ~$0.4

But my question is on the river, should I bet it out like I did or just check it? and what about the call on the river? I mean it is just a minraise and he could do that with a lot of hands wich I beat.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.24)
      BB ($0.60)
      UTG ($2.94)
      UTG+1 ($2.35)
      Hero ($5.40)
      MP1 ($1.64)
      MP2 ($2.45)
      CO ($1.53)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart:

Hero bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14

TURN ($0.47) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.34, MP1 calls $0.34

RIVER ($1.15) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart: Q:club: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.52, MP1 raises to $1.08 (AI), Hero calls $0.56

Hero shows 7:club: 7:spade:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 71.4%, Turn 81.8%)

MP1 shows A:heart: 7:heart:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 28.6%, Turn 18.2%)

MP1 wins $3.15
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: I agree, betting 16c is probably better here. We want to protect our hand but at the same time this flop hit his range so we expect him to call cbet. When having in mind he's not a fullstack I would even think about a pot size bet.

Turn: Relatively safe card. We expect him to have some K and if he does, he's calling our second barrel. I expect him to fold any other PP. Betting more would be better, I think $0,38 would be enough but betting 40c is ok too.

River: I don't understand your 1/2 pot bet on the river?? He has only 50c left after your bet, so there's no point in doing this. If you decide to bet, you should bet his all in. If you're afraid of river card and think it hit his range, then checking would be better. If I was in your position...ok, he might have AJ, or some Ax :heart: :heart: that we're beat. I don't think he has AJ that often, AJ :heart: or AQ :heart: are possible. I'm not sure what's the best line here...probably bet-shoving against this opp.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RasTweet,

While such a opponent will Call you anyways no matter what on flop & turn then I'd consider betting it near the pot, so ~$0,18 on flop and even $0,44 on turn. :) It wont make him fold anyways any hands if he has some draws/pairs.

As played kinda cruel card for us, although if you decide to bet there is no way we are going to bet just 1/2 pot size bet. There is no point to block-bet/Fold. If you bet then just ship it which most likely against his range I'd even consider while he may easily have even a lot of 2pairs in his range and maybe even just Kx hands.

Best Regards.