This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQo played too risky?

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.44
      BU (Hero):
      $2.25
      SB:
      $1.98
      BB:
      $0.80
      MP1:
      $1.72
      MP2:
      $3.02
      MP3:
      $2.28

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 5, 4, K (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.11, MP3 raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.67) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

River: ($1.63) Q (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.80, MP3 calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $3.23.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, king high(K Q).
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and fours(4 K).

Hero wins with a flush, king high(K Q).

A small sample on opponent: 51/0/3.4/29/41 [VPIP/PRF/AF/WSD/Hands]

Flop: My top pair got hard reaction from my opponent, Check/Raise. I realized his Raise is quite small, but cannot be underestimate here. Perharps he's hit a set with 55, 44 or two pairs with K4, K5 (his range is quite wider) here. Though my hand's Equity is very small to beat his hand (as I assumed), but I still called his Raise, because his Raise is small, I've got a top pair with medium kicker, and maybe back-door FD.

Turn: He shows his aggression. I have nothing more than implied pot odds, and hope Turn card will complete my FD.

I realized that I made mistake on Flop when he was Check/Raise like that, but is that profitable to call his small Raise with those what I have with my hand (TP with medium kicker, a backdoor FD)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

I'd ask you why do you in first place CB so smallish? You have a leak most likely there. :( You should CB ~$0,18 at least. Although as played overall seems to be fine. But obviously should fix your bet sizing.

Best Regards.