[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr KQ

• keoghh
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) Q:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.16, UTG1 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.55) 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.55) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.42 ?????????

Ok so my thought process during this hand is, standard iso raise preflop.

Flop i bet roughly 3/4 pot as i want value and to protect, turn is an ugly card for me, and i thought if he had hit the flush, which is most likely what hes calling with on the flop, because i dont think he limps AQ preflop, maybe limping QJ or Q10, but apart from that mainly suited aces or small PPs. Im kinda ruling out small PPs hitting a set because i think he would of raised on flop. So i decide to check behind on the turn, i figure another :spade: on the river wouldnt be disasterous. I also figured if he did hit the flush he would probably check to me again anyway. So wen he leads out river is he only ever value betting the flush, in which case i should fold? Dont really beat much on this drawy board?

Only thing that threw me was the bet sizing on the river, i would expect someone with the flush to bet smaller, ~0.2-0.3
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello keoghh,

I'd Bet the flop bigger ~$0,18 while there are couple of draws possible and also rather consider just Bet/Folding the turn for free showdown and value from worse and of course protection from any kind of draws.

But as played you kinda induced him to bluff against you while Checking behind on turn, to avoid exactly that kind of spots you should consider rather betting yourself on turn. :) So should be a Call on river if you expect him even to bluff there like that.

Best Regards.