BB ($3.35)
      UTG ($6.66)
      UTG+1 ($6.59)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      MP1 ($3.15)
      CO ($4.65)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, UTG calls $0.32

FLOP ($1) 7:club: T:club: 8:heart:

Hero bets $0.63, UTG calls $0.63

TURN ($2.26) 7:club: T:club: 8:heart: Q:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($2.26) 7:club: T:club: 8:heart: Q:club: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $1, UTG raises to $2.57, Hero folds

UTG wins $4.05
  • 2 replies
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      On such a wet board I would cbet at least potsize, possibly overbet. assuming UTG isn't opening / calling 3bet with J9/ TT- you most likely have the best hand on flop.

Turn makes it a lot worse, but checking isn't really an option here I think, you are just making yourself look weak, and what will you do if he raises turn? I would bet half potor 3/4 pot on the turn.

On the river I would either check/fold (not often), check/call or bet/call. Without any reads he could possibly have a bluff like AK, though more likely KK or AQ. AT is unlikely, and he shouldn't have a single 8 in his range. AA makes sense as well. An Ahigh flush with AK or AJ suited maybe, but I think you are getting correct calling odds to call anyways.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

I'd most likely even consider betting a bit bigger on flop and rather Bet myself on turn and most likely Bet/Fold than turn my hand into bluff-catcher. It will be hard for us to Call the turn and river. Rather bet the turn for free showdown and maybe even protection.

Best Regards.