Stacks:
      UTG ($10.49)
      UTG+1 ($10.08)
      Dragar (CO) ($10.50)
      BTN ($6.14)
      SB ($11.56)
      BB ($4.39)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Dragar is CO Q:diamond: K:heart:
      2 folds, Dragar raises to $0.40, BTN raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Dragar calls $0.50

Flop: 6:heart: 3:heart: J:heart: ($1.95, 2 players)
      Dragar checks, BTN bets $1.80, Dragar folds

Final Pot: $3.75

BTN wins $3.66 (net +$0.96)

Dragar lost $0.90

Flop it's a no brainer.

Pre-flop my question is what do we do in this situation with facing a min-raise like this. Usually I just fold my hand, even if I hold more premium here.. but I am confused against the opponent when they min-raise pre like this to the extend that I'd rather fold AQ but would call with 78s etc. for implied odds. I have no clue how to play post-flop after anymore, even if I would hit my K or Q.
      And advise on how to handle this?
  • 3 replies
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      pre I think it is better to raise to 0.30 from UTG+1-CO, and 0.25 from BU.

Calling a 3bet while OOP means you are setting yourself up for a lot of trouble, I tend to fold or 4bet there.

On flop I think BU has to cbet pretty much ATC, though his cbet size surprises me, it looks like he doesn't want us to call here. Personally I take a couple of seconds before checking on a flop like this one, and raise him after he bets. If he shoves I think you have the equity to call against his stacksize.

If you run into a rainbow board OOP with KQ you are always going to be screwed, unless you hit 2 pair / nutstraight. you got some bad reverse implieds against any AK / AQ I'm afraid.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Really hard to fold pf, getting 2.9:1 pf.
      That much equity you even have against AK and QQ, so player really has to 3-bet only with AA/KK

I think postflop it isn´t that easy decision to just c/f. If he has there AJ/QQ without flushdraw, you should call or shove, since you´re flipping against that range. If he has AhKx, then you´re quite bad shape, against KK/AA you have 26% equity

board: Jh6h3h
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      QdKh 26.13% 2,328 0
      AA, KK 73.87% 6,582 0

So c/f is fine there, but you can also consider c/rai, if you ever suspect him bet/folding or having there for example QQ or AJ

board: Jh6h3h
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      QdKh 43.72% 6,492 0
      QQ, AJ 56.28% 8,358 0
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dragar,

You ain't gonna achieve much with the Call preflop. I mean do you expect the opponent to 3bet with worse Kx or Qx? You are against rather smaller stack against whom you wont be able to overplay him postflop anyways and you wont hit often enough. Even if you do hit then do you plan to go broke? With TP you could easily even be dominated or be against an overpair. So I'd also like folding preflop much better!

Best Regards.