Vote For Your Favourite PartyPoker Story Today!

• Poll Poll ends on 20.10.2011, at 08:44.
    • Which story is your favorite?

Story 5 - submitted by THESHade
        37%
        Story 3 - submitted by connect1337
        37%
        Story 2 - submitted by lennyCro
        11%
        Story1 - submitted by Carmenpro
        8%
        Story 4 - submitted by ii40747
        7%
      Total: 189 Votes
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all participants who shared their story with us!

We've chosen our top 5 PartyPoker stories, and now it's up to the community members to decide which one is worthy of a free $215 entry ticket to the $300,000 Guaranteed Event #1.

Take a look at the top 5 below and don't forget to vote on your favorite.

Voting closes tomorrow, October 20 at 23:59 GMT.
  • 105 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Story 1: Originally posted by CarmenPro

Originally posted by CarmenPro
      Hi there,

My story comes very fresh.. from last night to be exact!

I was playing 2$ rebuy Pokerfest sub-sattelite.. there was about 35 players and top 5 got 16$ worth entry to Pokerfest Sattelite to 109$ torunaments.
      I made 1 rebuy at the very start and add-on at the break and finished on 3rd place securing ticket.

Very pleased with myself and about go sleep as it was very late at the time 02:30 GMT

Had final look into my Partypoker account and i see that balance in play is 16$ so i realized that it had registred me automaticly into next torunament. I opened "My tournaments" and discover that in about 20 minutes starts my next sattelite and to my suprise it was PLO.

There is about 10% of these sattelites in PLO tornaments and all rest are NLH. So i panic as never played PLO before and this game seemed like big mystery to me.

So i quickly contact costumer support where i did ask that if i unregister from there do i lose my ticket or i can re-register into any of next days same sattelite, but NLH. They say that it is fine and i can go ahead with this. By that time there was 14 min to start and no unregister button there anymore. Too late for that. So 03:05 GMT i was stuck with 16$ Pokerfest Sattelite to 109$ Events PL Omaha Hi.

First i panic, but then i see that same 4 other people who where with me in first game also automaticly registresd to soonest starting next sattelite + another 10 players joined by themself. So i had 4 noobs like me and 10 seemingly PLO players by end of 1st hour. First 2 places where awarded tickets to 109$ Pokerfest torunament.

First hour i play very tight and observed whats going on at the table and in background i had playing the very basic rules and strategys of PLO hi video from Pokerstrategy.com :)

Finally after 1 hour play there was 9 of us left and i was in second place and see that there is hope. It took another hour to get down to 3 players and there was 2 to 1 chip leader (PLO player) + me and another qualifier from previous game.

Battle between us was amazing and long. Getting hang of the game soon as i took first time during the game never looked back and won the torunament. I discovered that last 2 players where very tight and folded to min raise very easy or if called then smalles c-bet done job in about 80% of cases. It was too late for them before they realize that i discover their weakness.

Funny was here that i learned on background the game while playing. Also absolutely not prepared to play another game straight after and defo. not PLO hi :)

But i did it and have my ticket to Pokerfest 109$ tournaments. Now only missing 215$ ticket what i hope to get for my story writing effort to make my boyfriends jaw drop how good am i doing in poker already! He would be very proud.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you PartyPoker & Pokerstrategy our 2 favorite poker websites!!
      See you at the Pokerfest,
      CarmenPro.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Story 2: Originally posted by lennyCro

I woke up early that morning, i remember it was raining like hell so I realized i will spend that day at home. I wanted to play poker but didn't have $ to deposit.
      So I turned PartyPoker on and found 40c on it. I was pissed off because minimum BI for NL2 was 60c.
      //BR=0,40$
      After stumbling the tables, limits and categories of games I have found that I can sit on a FL table with my 40c. So i sat there and waited for descent hand to cash some cents :D . And I entered one 5-way hand with 78s. Few seconds later board gave me the chance to almost double my stack with straight flush against 3 players (one of them had also flush to A :D ).
      //BR=0,82$
      And so I got out that table with 82 cents which was enough to enter NL2 table: 6max table with one fish waiting for someone to give him his 1,2$ :f_frown: . And I took'em :D I waited for him to rebuy but i think it was his last :(
      //BR=2,02$
      I was so happy after I built my BR from nothing that I decided to turn off a PartyPoker for some time and go eat something. While eating, idea came to my mind. I will enter some tourney for 1$. I knew it was totally against BRM but what a hell, I want to play poker and those 2$ is all i have. So I lately entered 1$ $750Gtd/R+A on PP (blinds level 15min which will give me enough time to wait good hand to build my stack). And after I dunno 5 hours of play i have this situation:
      //this is only screenshot I got :(

And I have finished that tourney 5th place for about 70$.
      //BR=~72$
      After that I was really tired because I played that tourney for more than 6 hours but was soooo happy that i had to enter some STTs just to see is that my lucky day or what.
      I played just three 4-table 3$ 6max sessions in which i earned 23$ more.
      //BR=~95$

So this was my story and a tutorial how to make almost $100 from 40c on PartyPoker in one day. :s_cool:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Story 3: Originally posted by connect1337

The following is more of a poker story in general, but as I've only played at PartyPoker 99% of my career it suits well enough I guess.

Poker – Lessons to be learned

We start out young, hopeful. Hopeful that we too some day could be as great as Mr. Ivey. Our dearest wish is to reach the highest heights, to read people's minds like a open book. To hold our cool at the precipice and in every sense become a master at the game. Or so we think.

Yet, for the most of us, there's another reason we sit down at a table. I think you guessed it. We're here for the money. We're here for the promise of making our lives easier and to free ourselves from the standard model of living. Whatever you can think of, you could have it. All the things you ever dreamed of are just a few clicks away. However, as you have probably realized by now, life is not that simple

Time goes by, and a week, a month later you hit the rock bottom. You say to yourself, wait a minute – where's my money, where's the glory I dreamt of? In your ignorance and delusion you rationalize your faulty plays and greed. You still believe you're better than the other players, you still believe they are the causes of your suffering. They and no one else. You fail to realize the problem lies between the chair and the screen. You're here for the wrong reasons. You're here to make money.

Wait, isn't poker all about the money after all? What is poker exactly? Poker can be a hobby or a lifestyle. In the end it is about the experiences, the fun, the tournaments, the bad beats and triumphs. Sooner or later you'll realize the fact that whatever you do in life you will never be great at it without a passion. For me it came clear as I listened to an interview with Patrik Antonius who spoke of people who have no heart for the game.

Like it or not, you'll stand on a crossroad. You've learned the truth that if you want to make it as a pro, you have to have at least the tiniest respect for the game. You either learn to love the game or you'll waste your time believing the fallacy that playing poker is better than working a nine to five job. Not realizing in the end you're still working for money. Both jobs having their pros and cons. Fortunately there's a third way to make a living. “Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” - Confucius

It's clear many people play poker for the wrong reasons. That's the sole reason it's so easy to win in online poker. If you're one of the people who doesn't care for the beauty of the game, you're wasting your life one session at a time. I myself played poker for years and even reached diamond member status here on Pokerstrategy. I do not regret taking this journey even though the only reason I played was to win big bucks. For me poker has been a learning experience in life more than anything else. Mastering self discipline, controlling your feelings and emotions. The important thing is not to live in denial and move on if you see poker is quite not your thing. Ignoring that will only lead to a stressful and wasted life.

Tl;dr – be(come) passionate about poker or simply quit.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Story 4: Originally posted by ii40747

It's quite simple, you don't win if you don't take risks! And the bigger risk you take the bigger is your reward, right? I could write the very best story from my Party experience but then I wouldn't be taking risks, would I? My win would be guaranteed. And since in poker nothing is guaranteed except for those MTT prize pools, what kind of a poker player would I be to write a story that I'm sure would win? A very nitty one. Since a nit can hardly win this 300k tournament I think it would be totaly unapropriate to apply with "the best story" and that right line is to take a risk and apply with this one. I bet I'm under 2% favourite to win, but hey 1 outer hits on the river here and there. And now I'm comming to my point. Few days ago I wrote a topic that rng on one "famous" site is crazy. In a very few hands 1 outer did hit 4 times. And I really wanted to give them another chance. I saw as much action flops as I saw in whole year at my loved Party Poker, and decided I'll never give anyone else no more shots. And then again since this is a Party promotion I kind of doubt my 1 outer will hit to win this ticket. Cause if this was that "famous" site promotion I would win 4/4 times with my 2% chance ;)

See you at the tables ppl & gl to you all!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Story 5: Originally posted by THESHade

One lovely and sunny day I woke up at 11 AM, checked a forum, have a breakfast, checked what I have (not) won in The Big Draw and .....(fast forwarding) .... at 7PM I decided to have a seassion. I opened up the lobby, looked at 100NL tables, DEAD... all right, wtw, seassion can wait... then I checked 200Nl tables and something ubnormal was happening there ... it seems that I oculd find at least 5 fishy tables running ...
      I joined the waiting lists and contemplating if I should take a shot. I also joined some 100Nl tables. My 1st 200Nl table opened and it seems like I have fish 2 seats to my left, BINGOOO. I wait for 4 tables to start so I can start playing. I played till 1 AM with breaks of 6-9 mins in between (irregularly cause I felt excitement and time flew fast)
      1 hour in I was playing only 200NL tables.
      some cliffs from the seassion
      1st hour
      -feeling pretty comfortable, didnt lose a stack at 200NL (or at least not at once)
      2nd hour
      -busted 1 or 2 fish, felt good, tables were surprisingly good
      2nd hour
      -BIG aggro Finnish fish at 2 tables.
      -Him running hot
      -me running hot
      3rd hour
      -300bb+ deep at 3 tables and at each table there was eaither this aggro fish w bigger stack than me or a weird bad reg.

4th hour
      - 1k bucks at 1 table and close ot that at another.
      -200bb bluff worked vs a reg.
      -fish refuses to play many pots vs me when we were that deep
      -fish busting is stack adn then run it up to 500bbs again in matter of seconds
      5th hour
      -tired, decided to 2table tables with the fish
      -fish was scared to play with me, I was scared ot play fish 500bb deep esp at new limit
      -2nd hour of chatting with the fish to keep it happy
      -Fish got drunk, fish liked me and flamed another guy
      -I won a stack form the fish, fish got angry with me, didint like me and refused to play almost any pots with me, tried to paly for another half an hour
      -> quit cause I was super-tired and I alrdy played badly last hour (wanted to cooler the fish for 500bbs -. GREEEDY
      , luckily, Karma didnt strike :D

So my 1st long seassion at 200Nl and already I had to deal with 200bb deep play, picking up bluffs, bluffing, not knowing what to do in certain spot and feeeling like crap if the wrong River comes . Thnx god I ran rather hot, weeee :D
      I feel that my run will return after 20th October so I can ship the tourney :f_cool: and return to 200NL, right Vhalee? Hadi? Ingy? Korn? anyone? please?
      thnx :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      All posts are so tl;dr but theshade has three hearts in his post which means much love to me, and I love love, so I vote for him. :heart:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I'll have whatever nightfrost is having
    • Johniiicek
      Johniiicek
      Bronze
      TheShade :heart: :f_love:
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Thnx Trolls :) :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Gogogogo Theshade!
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i didnt read any stories, i just voted for theshade
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      I approve :s_thumbsup:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Sounds SHady...

:coolface:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Sounds SHady...

:coolface:
      [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJUUGQZKe0oEmIxNj1djI4UGErPFMMwkOPjm4o1IGWSRw2PAA6[/img]
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      guys,

Please read the stories. This is not popularity contest :)

Ingrid
    • neotesani
      neotesani
      Bronze
      3!
      Simple truth.

honorable mention: 1
      Very cute and honest.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      F THE STORIES

THESHADE FOR PRESIDENT!!1
    • CarmenPro
      CarmenPro
      Bronze
      Prrr... All this carry on here. Had a feeling that something like this will happen. I even waste my time to write story here too :) lol @ myself!

This guys story ends also like this:

I feel that my run will return after 20th October so I can ship the tourney fish cool and return to 200NL, right Vhalee? Hadi? Ingy? Korn? anyone? please?
      thnx Heart Heart Heart

Looks like did not make it there by accident.

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      All posts are so tl;dr but theshade has three hearts in his post which means much love to me, and I love love, so I vote for him. :heart:
      Originally posted by ihufa
      I'll have whatever nightfrost is having
      Originally posted by Johniiicek
      TheShade :heart: :f_love:

These 2 are very straightfoward:

Originally posted by ihufa
      F THE STORIES

THESHADE FOR PRESIDENT!!1

So i actually did read stories and my vote goes to JPCOOL (connect1337 seems good also)!

GL eveyone exept 1 guy who does not need skills or luck to win here!
    • FingersMalone
      FingersMalone
      Bronze
      I vote for #3