[NL2-NL10] NL2 98s need to learn how to play trip!

• anhvusa
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 8.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.11) A, 9, 9 (5 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($0.31) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30.

River: ($0.91) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $1.71.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, nines full of aces(9 A).
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9 8).

MP3 wins with a full-house, nines full of aces(9 A).

Flop:There is nothing more than protection on this Flop with many opponents.

Turn:After reevaluate my hand and my opponent's action on the later street, I dicided to Cbet, but the trouble is How much should I bet here? 1/2 pot? 2/3 pot? max for proctection from FD (in case the opponent has another :diamond: ?

River:Before I made my Check here, I wonder what does he have to Call my Cbets on later streets? A complete Flush on Turn? or an A with a good kicker? I know my hand is actually vulnerable here, and Fold is a better choice (I realized that after reviewing my hand), but there seem to be something that makes me annoyed about this hand. I don't know exactly, but I feel it. Can anybody to show me the right way to play a trip like this? Thanks in advance! :)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello anhvusa,

Preflop: Rather just isolate yourself here rather than hop in.

As played
      Postflop: But as you decided to play it passively I'd rather bet myself on river than let the opponent to bet.

Best Regards.