Stack
      Hero:
      $24,6
      MP3:
      $48,89
      BU:
      $40,3

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, BU raises to $1,15, SB folds, Hero calls $0,90, MP3 calls $0,90.

When i reviewed this hand my first thought was "why no 3B?".
      But then i remembered why i didn't.

Both players are very loose/passive and wts is high. So they will mostly call my 3B of 3,5 (even MP3, a 76/3 player will call with most of his limping hands if he got a stack of 200bb) which will make the pot to ~10,5.
      I'm OOP on the flop and if i don't hit theres not much i can do (beside c/f) since both have a very high wts.
      So i called.

Flop: ($3,60) A:diamond: , 2:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,6, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Since both players are so passive i made a donkbet so they can call with weaker A + pp.

Final Pot: $3,60

After explaining my thoughtprocess i think 3B would really be better because if i don't hit these passive players will give me freecards and if i hit the flop or turn i can get alot of value since the pot is already very big.

But i didn't look at the AF of both players (looked only at vpip/pfr).
      If i had seen that they are that passive i would have 3B.
      Would a call be better if one of the villains would be more aggressive?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf would be better. Even if they call with very wide range, AK is still ahead pf, so you should get more money in the pot. You hit at least 1/3 times and can then easily play stacks postflop+ you can c-bet on dry boards and likely also take pot down.
      Postflop I'd prefer c/r to get more value out of their random air hands.