This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4, AQo facing 3bet

• Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $3.96
      Hero:
      $4.17
      CO:
      $1.23

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero...

Now what the stats above don't state, is that this villain's 3betting percentage was 11%, and with AQo I have 49% equity against that range while I need only 41% to get all-in pre-flop (presuming he'd call a shove after putting in half his stack). I suppose my question is do I need to always assume his 3betting range is much tighter with a short stack? His range would have to be less than 6% here before the shove was -EV.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Scooney,

Well, it really depends how you saw the opponent. And if he really was a maniac who 3bet a lot then I'd just get it in vs his stack. Wouldn't be even a very big problem while he could easily even have worse Ax hands. It's also only for ~30BB and he doesn't seem like a MSS player anyways.

Best Regards.