[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH QJ MP3

• TheBrownie
      TheBrownie
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: I assume that the opponent would call with most suited connectors and small-medium pairs because because with stronger hands he would play more aggressively. This gives me an equity of ~52%.

Flop: now this where it gets confusing for me. With the range that I have given him pre-flop, his cold call doesn't seem to make much sense. The only explanation is that he might be slowplaying nuts because there aren't many strong draws.

Turn: don't know what to say.

River: pretty obvious that he is ahead of me so I folded. What could he have had?

This hand is really complicated to me, was my play right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.28
      BB:
      $3.85
      MP2:
      $10.09
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.82
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU:
      $6.29

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) Q, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($6.35) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.19, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      He is holding 44,22 or Qx of diamonds :)

I'd fold turn cause I put him on set there.. but I am a bit nitty overall.
    • TheBrownie
      TheBrownie
      Bronze
      I thought that he has something like that but I still somehow believed that I might have the best hand on the turn, however, on the river it was quite obvious that I was way behind.
      Yep, my biggest leak is that I'm too aggressive at times, especially after flop when overplaying hands. I think that being a nit at NL10 is much more profitable than being aggressive and I'm trying to switch to that side :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheBrownie,

Well, I'd most likely Bet bigger on flop & turn to avoid get raised. :) Although as played then just Bet/Fold the turn, I doubt that he is raising you there with a lot worse. Even against a min-raise there is no point to Call.

Best Regards.