This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH QJ MP3

• TheBrownie
      TheBrownie
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: I assume that the opponent would call with most suited connectors and small-medium pairs because because with stronger hands he would play more aggressively. This gives me an equity of ~52%.

Flop: now this where it gets confusing for me. With the range that I have given him pre-flop, his cold call doesn't seem to make much sense. The only explanation is that he might be slowplaying nuts because there aren't many strong draws.

Turn: don't know what to say.

River: pretty obvious that he is ahead of me so I folded. What could he have had?

This hand is really complicated to me, was my play right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.28
      BB:
      $3.85
      MP2:
      $10.09
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.82
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU:
      $6.29

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) Q, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($6.35) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.19, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      He is holding 44,22 or Qx of diamonds :)

I'd fold turn cause I put him on set there.. but I am a bit nitty overall.
    • TheBrownie
      TheBrownie
      Bronze
      I thought that he has something like that but I still somehow believed that I might have the best hand on the turn, however, on the river it was quite obvious that I was way behind.
      Yep, my biggest leak is that I'm too aggressive at times, especially after flop when overplaying hands. I think that being a nit at NL10 is much more profitable than being aggressive and I'm trying to switch to that side :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheBrownie,

Well, I'd most likely Bet bigger on flop & turn to avoid get raised. :) Although as played then just Bet/Fold the turn, I doubt that he is raising you there with a lot worse. Even against a min-raise there is no point to Call.

Best Regards.