Poker training videos

• 8 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ttetti90,

How havn't I seen you around the forums already? Hiding over there with your shiny platinum avartar. Diamond soon right? :f_cool:

Not only are we a forum community but we are in fact a poker school. As you of course know, the videos you originally posted in the OP are from a competitor or ours, so of course we don't want our members to be watching and sending each other videos from sites similar to our. I made a little ammendment in your OP, hope you don't mind. I've also added you on the community tool, just incase you would like to speak about it.

Lets get back to PS.com and our array of awesome videos. It seems like you want to watch videos for 6max cash games? Both players are extremely aggressive and alot of the videos will be about 3bets. I'm sure you have heard of Dusty "Leatherass" Schmidt, he did an awesome series on 3betting recently.

Part 1
      Part 2
      Part 3

Why not watch the series and let us know what you think? So far the reaction has been great from the community.

Our recent black member mbml recently did a series on pre flop poker. Talking about wars, how to react to regs, importance of position and also how to vary your play.

Perfecting Pre-flop play by mbml

Hopefully you can find everything you want from PS.com!

Thanks
      Patrick
    • ttetti90
      ttetti90
      Bronze
      Hey Pleno1.

Thanks for the warm welcoming. I wanted those videos because Vanessa was coaching a guy and I thought they might be really good and helpful. The videos that you sent me might be great but unfortunately I am playing PLO so I am not going to watch them because I wanna be concentrate on PLO 6-max. Actually I watched two video here about PLO I did not like both of them but I am trying to watch the live coaching of Ribbo. Also I might be a platinum but in PLO20 I lost about $600 so I am a good player at all. The points come because I am really trying to learn the game and playing lots of hours.

Regards.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ttetti,

Thanks for your understanding reply. I figured because they are both known more for their NL games that you would be seeking 6max videos. Sorry for the initial confusion.

When I get into work tomorrow, I will post on the relevant board and give your feedback re: PLO videos.

Here is two videos from GodLikeRoy. They were voted 5 stars, so hopefully they appeal to you too.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/17874/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/20987/

Let me know how you find them :)

In regards with losing $600 at plo20, this DOES NOT mean you are not a good player. 30bi down swings are totally standard, the variance in this game is sick! The fact that you are studying poker and have played lots of hands to learn from experience makes me believe that you can and most probably are a winning player.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      some people hate the format of vids here at ps.com

I'm one of em

huge lack of concept videos. too many session vids.

rgds
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      That's why we have a feedback section though. Post all your suggestions and if enough people want it we will surely do our best to please you. We aren't mind readers though, so keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey ttetti90!

Thanks for posting.

We have a series which may be of interest to you, this is suitedeule, with

Moving up in PLO"

A sweet little eight-part series, (releasing Part 6 today) where suitedeule climbs up the ranks in PLO.

As an alternative, we have Insyder Information: PLO by our awesome insyder19.

Let us know if you need anything else / have any suggestions!

-Cheers

-E
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hey ttetti90!

We have some great PLO guys on board, like GodlikeRoy, Jens Kyllonen who is actually one of the biggest winners in poker overall this year.
      I'm sure you can find something you like.

Hi conall!

We actually have a lot of theory videos, you can search concept or theory in the video section or the specific concept you're looking for. We can also recommend videos if you're looking for anything specific. Please use the feedback forum.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ttetti90,

Have moved your thread to the correct place.

Thanks.