Hero bets $13.70 (AI), BB folds

Hero shows K:heart: K:diamond:

Hero wins $3.43

Villain is a calling station fish.
      Turn b/f is ok?
      River? Any other options or is it good?

• 3 replies
    • TheBrownie
      I'm not a super good player so I would still wait for someone else's opinion.
      However, the shove on the river doesn't make any sense. What did you want to achieve with this shove?
      I would personally bet a little bit more on the turn for protection against possible draws.
      On the river I would bet about half the pot because very few worse hands would pay off and fold to a re-raise.
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: If you know he's a calling fish, then raise him 4bb. He will call 3 or 4bb, doesn't matter to him. And at the same time, we'll be OOP for the rest of the hand.

Flop: I like your bet. This board however hit his range and he folds almost no cbet here. Pot size would be an option, but I like your amount more.

Turn: Many 2 pair combo are possible. Since he calls us with FD and many TP/ 2nd pair kind of hand, I think betting is the best here. I also wouldn't bet much more than this, because our hand is not so strong anymore for this board. And at the same time if some blank hits the river we build it enough for shipping the rest of his stack in.

River: What can you get value from on the river? He's a calling station, so any 2 pair combos, so backdoor flush, straight...he calls with everything and you're beat. Except with some J9, A6, T8 kind of pair hands. I see what you want to achieve with your overpot bet (which actually isn't ;) ) but even though they're bad, that doesn't mean he will call with only one pair kind of hand. I would go for c-c and if he bets for c/c.
    • veriz
      Hello Cukk,

There ain't gonna be a lot worse hands on river which are going to Call you, for that reason I don't really like the shove there. Just so many combos beat you and meanwhile you don't beat that many. I'd most likely just Check/Fold there while we only beat missed FD which he might bluff, he wont bet any worse hands here anyways.

Best Regards.