Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.95)
      BB ($10.15)
      UTG ($6.08)
      CO ($2.50)
      Hero ($18.98)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $1.10, fold

FLOP ($3.10) 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:heart:

BB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

TURN ($6.50) 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:heart: J:heart:

BB bets $4, Hero folds

BB wins $6.18

SB 40/12 58 hands
      BB 16/14/3.5 64 hands

I have note on BB - he opened from MP, and didn't cbet on Axx drawy flop.

On flop - what range can we put him on? 99+, AJ+, KQ. But the question is does he cbets with overcards? If he has draws, then yes. I guess I still have to call. But the problem is that I have to give up on later streets, because he can hit his overcard or flush. But if I raise, then the only worse hand that could call me is 99. And And nut flushdraw.

Turn is grate card for him to bluff. I gave up becasue if I call turn, I will have to call river, so if I fold, I can save my 70 bbs.

But when I don't raise flop, he should think that I do not have a very strong hand because I don't protect against draws, and don't raise for value from overpairs. So this is easy for him to bluff. With hand like set I should raise, even with QQ+ I should raise I think.
  • 7 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I think he cbets with almost every overcard here. He looks tight so I don't expect his squeeze to be a bluff, so his range is tighter than you wrote - 99+, AQs+, AKo, AKs. I think he has overpairs quite often here. I like your call on this flop, yes we can expect overcard to hit, but we don't achieve anything by raising, since we beat very small range of his hands.

Veriz, is it better just to fold preflop TT next time we play against him? That's too weak but when we think about his aggression...we will have tough decisions, even IP against him.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If he is fairly tight, and only squeezes for value in this spot, he might squeeze JJ+ AKo AKs & just call 99,TT,AQo,AQs. So i might be more inclined to fold preflop. Sounds ok to me in theory, but maybe im just being a nit, so have to see what veriz has to say :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I think he cbets with almost every overcard here. He looks tight so I don't expect his squeeze to be a bluff, so his range is tighter than you wrote - 99+, AQs+, AKo, AKs. I think he has overpairs quite often here. I like your call on this flop, yes we can expect overcard to hit, but we don't achieve anything by raising, since we beat very small range of his hands.

Veriz, is it better just to fold preflop TT next time we play against him? That's too weak but when we think about his aggression...we will have tough decisions, even IP against him.
      yeah, might be maybe even better to fold preflop. Becasue he cbets and we cannot protect and raise. If overcard on turn - we fold because we don't know if we can still be ahead. So he can win even when he does not hit - and at the same time - we don't win much even if we have a better hand.
      On thing is good with this that we can add that we he set sometimes, and he might wanna bluff two streets, so we get value, or he has made hand and we get 3 streets of value.
      So now we just have to sum up all those things.

But lets say there was T instead of 8. Are we raiseing or calling flop? We might get value from JJ+, but we make fold a lot of overcarsd, which might wanna bet second time on turn.
      But if we don't raise - then the draws might hit. Although if draw hits, is not the worst case, becasue we can make a fullhouse on river or sometimes at the same time when he hits his draw. Also if we just call, and lets say he has JJ-KK, and ace apears on later street, we cannot get value the same as we would have got on flop, and also king or queen might be scare card.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      This is a perfect squeeze spot for a competant player. Still, I would probably fold pre-flop until I have more of a read on him.

Once you've got more hands on him so you have a more accurate idea of his range and his tendencies you can start getting a bit more creative.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Well, of course it's a good spot to squeeze for him. But is he even squeeze-like guy? According his stats he seems to be pretty nitty and also the 3bet ain't that high. Plus of course would be better to have squeeze stat here. Myself I'd be inclined to fold the hand rather than Call unless I have some expectations on the opponent that he can squeeze light.

As played
      Postflop: Well, with your reads it's pretty close either to Call it on flop or not. If he didn't even CB on Axx board then it could easily mean that he only CBs with made hands. So raising would be anyways out of question here, only way I see myself to play here is to float once and fold it to 2nd barrel on turn or just fold it right on flop.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      But lets say there was T instead of 8. Are we raiseing or calling flop? We might get value from JJ+, but we make fold a lot of overcarsd, which might wanna bet second time on turn.
      But if we don't raise - then the draws might hit. Although if draw hits, is not the worst case, becasue we can make a fullhouse on river or sometimes at the same time when he hits his draw. Also if we just call, and lets say he has JJ-KK, and ace apears on later street, we cannot get value the same as we would have got on flop, and also king or queen might be scare card.
      In 3bet pot I'm more inclined to raise him on this flop. He might go broke with overpairs like you said but at the same time turn might be ugly and he shuts down we won't see any more bet or call from him. If he looks tight and I hit my set on the flop I go broke because in many cases they show me overpairs.

Nice analysis and thinking :s_thumbsup:
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Nice analysis and thinking