NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.94)
      BB ($1.34)
      UTG ($9.89)
      UTG+1 ($1.80)
      CO ($10.06)
      BTN ($9.93)

Dealt to Hero 4:spade: 5:spade:

UTG raises to $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($1) 5:diamond: 4:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.90, BB folds, UTG folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $2.30, Hero raises to $5.10, BTN raises to $9.73 (AI), Hero calls $4.63

BTN 17/6/1.3 112 hands
      CO 60/3
      UTG 44/14

So much callers and its only a minrasi, I decided I can try to call, BB is loose pasive, so its the chance that he will not raise so often.

The btn when raises, I thought is AJ or JJ. 55 and 44 is so unlikely. Better 2 pair is also not in his range. How do you think does he have AJ often enoug there or I am most of the time crushed by JJ? His AF is low, so maybe he is just calling AJ?
  • 5 replies
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      well if he is loose -passive it would be unlikely that he will ship all in with just top pair, more likely he has a set and that is better hand so I would fold if after my raise someone answers with all in. if kind of intresting that you decided to rerais, i maybe only would call it and then hope for a full house
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      17/6...hmmm I'm not sure he would only call with JJ here...I know there's 2 players in front of him, but they're loose. And this rocks notice that.

17% range...

Board: J:diamond: 5:diamond: 4:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     19.48%  19.47%   0.01% { 66+, A4s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+ }
      SB     80.52%  80.51%   0.01% { 5s4s }

when he does this I'm putting him on this range (a bit wider than average rock):

Board: J:diamond: 5:diamond: 4:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     41.41%  41.40%   0.01% { JJ, AJs, AdKd, AdQd, KdQd, Ad4d, AJo }
      SB     58.59%  58.59%   0.01% { 5s4s }

What bothers me is would he go broke with hands like AKs, AQs and KQs? I think he would rather see another street if he wants to play it. This rocks are also not inclined to play too aggressively. To give him the hand JJ is also wrong, so I think you will have easier decision when you see notes about this hand. If he plays super aggressive with top set, then you might be able to lay down 2pair next time.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by churchilland
      well if he is loose -passive it would be unlikely that he will ship all in with just top pair, more likely he has a set and that is better hand so I would fold if after my raise someone answers with all in. if kind of intresting that you decided to rerais, i maybe only would call it and then hope for a full house
      I don't like this. I would rather just raise-shove it if I think I'm good here. With miniraising we still have 1/2 the stack and might fold to some ugly turns like A, K, any :diamond: .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, the case is that such a player might even easily overplay his Jx hands this way. Although that's true that while he seems to be pretty passive then he wouldn't have that many draws here. Most likely to go broke with 2pairs shouldn't be wrong while you block some sets already and he has there Jx hands in his range.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      if kind of intresting that you decided to rerais, i maybe only would call it and then hope for a full house

I decided to reraise becaue if I beat him, he will pay off anyway after investing that much. I don't hitnk he has bluffs. And on other streets there might appear some scare cards, like Q, or K or draw completes and he might want to lay down his AJ.