This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 Sh A7S on BU

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.56
      BB:
      $16.57
      Hero:
      $2.91

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) J:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.30) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero raises $2.31 (All-In), BB calls $2.31.

River: ($5.92) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.92

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad 7d)
      BB shows a straight, queen high (Qc 9d)

BB wins with a straight, queen high (Qc 9d)

Obviuosly i tougth that nobody have anything so tried to represent flush and get my oponents out of the hand, but here you go..

How would you play postflop? ckeck/fold? or maybe with higher card i should tried to bluff on flop? What if i would chek on turn and oponent chek too and river gives me a set. Would you raised on a river and if how much?

Thanks for contribution

Oh and I had no information about player, but obviuosly you don expect much from BB who just check and call flop ?
  • 3 replies
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Bronze
      Hi churchilland, hope you dont mind me having a quick look at your hand for my homework : )

Pre-flop: ??? Calling pre-flop just isn't ever advisable in these circumstances, IMHO you had position and never took advantage, you could build the pot here and c-bet the flop no matter what...

Flop: Very draw heavy flop and you only really have gutshot(wrong end) as the pot was un-raised what were you try to represent? Did you want the call at this point or was it a semi-bluff as you spotted weakness after the blinds checked?

Turn: the overbet on the turn certainly represents a flush but i would be worried here about getting called by much better hands that could be dominating me, even when the other 7 appears on the river the board is so scarey i would choose "Pot control" over "protection"....good job BB such a loose goose lol ; )
    • kisgatyas
      kisgatyas
      Bronze
      Hi,

pre: you should raise w the intention of steal.
      post: the board is pretty draw heavy, it's not going to be profitable trying to steal against to opp in these kind of situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello churchilland,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Rather raise it here than limp it in. You may take down the pot right here.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you overbet and then even shove the turn? Just doesn't make sense. It's just a freeplay pot, you are totally overplaying them. Why do you want to bluff into a pot where you haven't even invested much.

Best Regards.