Stack
      SB:
      $9.56
      BB:
      $16.57
      Hero:
      $2.91

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) J:spade: , T:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.30) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero raises $2.31 (All-In), BB calls $2.31.

River: ($5.92) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.92

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad 7d)
      BB shows a straight, queen high (Qc 9d)

BB wins with a straight, queen high (Qc 9d)

Obviuosly i tougth that nobody have anything so tried to represent flush and get my oponents out of the hand, but here you go..

How would you play postflop? ckeck/fold? or maybe with higher card i should tried to bluff on flop? What if i would chek on turn and oponent chek too and river gives me a set. Would you raised on a river and if how much?

Thanks for contribution

Oh and I had no information about player, but obviuosly you don expect much from BB who just check and call flop ?
  • 3 replies
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Hi churchilland, hope you dont mind me having a quick look at your hand for my homework : )

Pre-flop: ??? Calling pre-flop just isn't ever advisable in these circumstances, IMHO you had position and never took advantage, you could build the pot here and c-bet the flop no matter what...

Flop: Very draw heavy flop and you only really have gutshot(wrong end) as the pot was un-raised what were you try to represent? Did you want the call at this point or was it a semi-bluff as you spotted weakness after the blinds checked?

Turn: the overbet on the turn certainly represents a flush but i would be worried here about getting called by much better hands that could be dominating me, even when the other 7 appears on the river the board is so scarey i would choose "Pot control" over "protection"....good job BB such a loose goose lol ; )
    • kisgatyas
      kisgatyas
      Bronze
      Hi,

pre: you should raise w the intention of steal.
      post: the board is pretty draw heavy, it's not going to be profitable trying to steal against to opp in these kind of situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello churchilland,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Rather raise it here than limp it in. You may take down the pot right here.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you overbet and then even shove the turn? Just doesn't make sense. It's just a freeplay pot, you are totally overplaying them. Why do you want to bluff into a pot where you haven't even invested much.

Best Regards.