$2.05
      BB:
      $4.98
      UTG1:
      $4.00
      UTG2:
      $9.06

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.04, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, BB calls $0.16, UTG1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.62) 5, J, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.59, Hero raises to $3.70, BB folds, UTG1 calls $3.11.

Turn: ($8.02) 3 (2 players)

River: ($8.02) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.02.

I'm quite sure that donk bet means going all-in was the right move to make, but I would really just like confirmation. I assumed I shouldn't have called here since I was the pre-flop aggressor and he donked into me, but should I have made a smaller raise here? Again, I'm pretty sure I did the right thing here, I'm just not 100% sure (was kind of scared of him having JJ I guess) :)
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise rather to $0,24 because we don't want anybody else to play with us. If utg is unknown I would give him quite wide range for limp/calling us, much more than PP, but I would consider that the most.

Flop: His action is very weird. He doesn't need to protect from anything but be donks into us. I don't expect him to play JJ like this. Nor AJ or some QT. 55 and 99 are probable but even with that I would expect him to slowplay us on this kind of board.
      I would however rather just call him on the flop and see how the action goes on the turn.

If he donked on this turn I would probably go broke against an unknown.

I hope he had J9, but I'm not so sure when I read your "I'm sure ...all-in was the right move to make, but I would really just like the confirmation." :f_o:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      He actually did have AJo, so I did have him beat.

I personally also didn't think he had a set due to that bet but rather some sort of suited connector or two face cards, but I was just wondering how other people thought about the situation :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TinoLaan,

I'd really be rather inclined to just Call and maybe even keep weaker hands in the play from BB for example. The board ain't that draw that we should raise right here.

Also if I even would raise it then I'd still raise it ~$1,70 or something similar to give him room to Call with weak hands, might just scare away a lot weaker holdings.

Best Regards.