Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.04)
      BB ($6.01)
      UTG ($17.85)
      Hero ($12.86)
      BTN ($11.90)

villain 27/19/56WTS
      is this a spot i can check back flop? smallish sample, but villain raises/calls a lot of flops, hasnt folded to cbet at all yet, and my weak TP isnt one i want to bet/fold against this guy. also i think i rep overs mostly when i check back.
      river i think i just have to fold, i dont beat much.

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.70) 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club: 9:heart:

SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.50) 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club: 9:heart: Q:spade:

[color=red]SB bets $0.80, Hero??
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dannywratten

1. is this a spot i can check back flop? smallish sample, but villain raises/calls a lot of flops, hasnt folded to cbet at all yet, and my weak TP isnt one i want to bet/fold against this guy. 2. also i think i rep overs mostly when i check back.
      3. river i think i just have to fold, i dont beat much.
      1. I wouldn't recommend that. You hit your TP and against this kind of player you should cbet for several reasons:
      - you get value from his drawing hands
      - you get value from his overcards
      - you get value from his second pair hands
      - you get value from his trash hands
      You keep the initiative and can make easier decisions on later streets.

Board: 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     64.58%  64.31%   0.27% { 8d7d }
      SB     35.42%  35.15%   0.27% { 55+, A2s+, K5s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A7o+, K9o+, Q9o+, JTo }

2. Problem with representing overcards is that we don't hit many turns so we can expect him to donk into us and if we in fact have overs, we just fold. I rather cbet and keep the initiative and decide on turn whether to go for pot control or value.

Flop: I would cbet $0,55 here. I don't want to see overcards to mine so I want to protect my hand while I'm ahead. The way you played you gave up the initiative and at the same time you were hoping no overcard or :heart: hit the turn. This is quite optimistic. I would rather go for cbet and then pot control if bad card like this hits the board.

Turn: This is probably one of the worst cards we can see. I see many 9x in his range, but also he could have some overs with one :heart: like JT, K :heart: 6 or even some 7x :heart: .

Problem is that against his donking range (he has something) we have around 50% equity so there are many rivers we won't like at all.

Board: 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club:  9:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     47.14%  46.63%   0.51% { 8d7d }
      SB     52.86%  52.35%   0.51% { TT-55, K9s-K6s, QTs-Q8s, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, JTo, AdKh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AsKh, AcKh, AdQh, AhQd, AhQs, AhQc, AsQh, AcQh, AdJh, AhJd, AhJs, AhJc, AsJh, AcJh, AdTh, AhTd, AhTs, AhTc, AsTh, AcTh, Ad9h, Ah9d, Ah9s, Ah9c, As9h, Ac9h, Ad8h, Ah8d, Ah8s, Ah8c, As8h, Ac8h, Ad7h, Ah7d, Ah7s, Ah7c, As7h, Ac7h, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh, KdJh, KhJd, KhJs, KhJc, KsJh, KcJh, Kd9h, Kh9d, Kh9s, Kh9c, Ks9h, Kc9h, QdJh, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QsJh, QcJh, QdTh, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QsTh, QcTh, Qd9h, Qh9d, Qh9s, Qh9c, Qs9h, Qc9h }

River: 3. yep, you're right. He donks for two rounds...

Board: 8:heart: 2:heart: 6:club:  9:heart:  Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     30.00%  30.00%   0.00% { 8d7d }
      SB     70.00%  70.00%   0.00% { TT-55, K9s-K6s, QTs-Q8s, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, AhKh, AhQh, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, JTo, AdKh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AsKh, AcKh, AdQh, AhQd, AhQs, AhQc, AsQh, AcQh, AdJh, AhJd, AhJs, AhJc, AsJh, AcJh, AdTh, AhTd, AhTs, AhTc, AsTh, AcTh, Ad9h, Ah9d, Ah9s, Ah9c, As9h, Ac9h, Ad8h, Ah8d, Ah8s, Ah8c, As8h, Ac8h, Ad7h, Ah7d, Ah7s, Ah7c, As7h, Ac7h, KdQh, KhQd, KhQs, KhQc, KsQh, KcQh, KdJh, KhJd, KhJs, KhJc, KsJh, KcJh, Kd9h, Kh9d, Kh9s, Kh9c, Ks9h, Kc9h, QdJh, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QsJh, QcJh, QdTh, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QsTh, QcTh, Qd9h, Qh9d, Qh9s, Qh9c, Qs9h, Qc9h }

he might have air, but there are many hands which beat ours.

I would go cbet flop, check behind this turn and evaluate on the river. I don't see many Q in his range, so maybe I would even think about calling his donk on the river. In many cases he'll play it very passively.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

I'd still CB the flop. Whatever if he even re-raises us or plays aggressively. We can't just Check behind here and give him free cards. Any overcard could just kill our action, what you gonna do then? Give up if he bets?

As played well you kinda induced him to bet into you and maybe even bluff. So its' really up to your reads if you expect him to bluff here or not.

Best Regards.