This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

All your chips are belong to us!

• PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I finally decided to start something like a blog here just after seeing faarcydes video http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/19035/ tonight :) I found out that I miss a lot on the mindset, motivation and this sort of things. I hope that I´ll find some support here on PS, because I think its starting to cost me money and nerve. :)

Let me tell you something general about myself. I´m 24, university student, born and living in Czech Republic.
      I´ve been playing poker for the last three years, at first mainly for recreation purposes, than after something like a year of (mostly) live games a found myself somehow miraculously ahead, so I decided to keep some records of the results and study the game a bit, but I still wasn´t taking it much seriously. Last year however I started hooking up with a few guys to "grind" live cash, and despite the huge variance coming from you playing so few hands, I came to found out that there can be some fair money to be made playing.(mostly because the games are pretty soft, compared to online :s_cool: ) Being a regular at live tables however is REALLY time consuming, considering that it was hard for me to keep a bankroll for bigger games.
      Nevertheless, it was a lot better than any other part time job I was able to find as a student. Of course, the first problem I had was with money management. I got into some personal financial trouble at the beginning of 2011, had to "cash out" most of my bankroll money and, left with something around five BIs, I was kind of forced to work as a card dealer instead, because I no longer could afford to play... ;(

Long story short, I came across Pokerstrategy, where i was already registered earlier, and had sent the 50usd starting capital to FullTilt.

I always liked the idea of tournament poker so I read a few articles about SnGs here, spent my time on breaks at work clicking the ICM trainer and in something like a month I was able to easily beat the superturbos. I climbed very quickly to 5usd level, where I stayed for a bit longer due to a long breakeven stretch, in the meanwhile I played other formats also (6.50 18man turbos, 4.40 rush mtts...) which I all found to be quite beatable.
      In like three months total (with some cashouts!) I made a 150bi bankroll for 10.50 superturbos that I began to grind vigorously with roughly 5% ROI over a few k games. I started with a huge heater, that caused me to make nearly 2000usd in two weeks (!), I paid that back later, was breakeven for a whole month then :D

Then of course, what would you do... I quit the boring card dealing job and decided to focus solely on poker. And on money spending... I started to 8-12 table and playing for just a few hours a day got me to a lovely income. (for a student of course) Needless to say, I cashed out like 500-1000 a month, (let´s party,eh? :s_biggrin: ) didn´t save a dime and kept my whole bankroll on the site when it got down. Pretty cool, heh? :f_cry: One day I felt like I was printing money and then... I was broke and cursing myself.

Had a few staking offers from friends since, but never managed to get a serious agreement. A month back a got a mail offering me another starting capital at Poker770 :-D And guess what? With that and some 60bucks my buddy owed me and sent me from his PS TAF program I started nearly from scratch again :D Now playing 5.50 FR, but its another story and I will deliver ;)
      Going to bed, will update tomorrow. Cya!
  • 4 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to the blog section, we're hoping to see lots more of you here, and supe interesting updates!

Good luck crushing those $5.5s!

Regards,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Big welcome! :)
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      Hi, it´s me again, as promised :)

Sorry for the long first post from yesterday, I was just feeling that I should tell you something more. In fact, it is just another poker playing story.
      But lets get to bussiness, I´m gonna post some of my goals here, because I need a bit of support from fellow players, which I usually don´t meet much IRL.

I found myself lately in a bit of a rut, bankroll building cost me a lot of nerve and patience, at first I found out that the 1.20 micros are nearly unbeatable and that I´m able to be at best breakeven there, so I decided to pick 20Bi for the 5.50 to either get busto or go on. Right now I think I have a comfortable roll of around 300 dollars for 5.50 FR regular speed and turbo SnG´s, but my main goal is to get at least to 10usd with roughly double this bankroll and try to maintain a reasonable ROI.

For now, I´ll post my closest goals:

:club: Get the blog running, start posting some real info, graphs, both older and new.

:club: See all faarcydes videos by the end of the next week. ;)

:club: Get over a breakeven stretch by learning more and playing less - max 30 games a day and the rest of the time I usually spend playing (lately mostly tilting at the tables late through the evening, playing some "C game" at best :f_cry: ) devote to watching some vids and reading articles.

I may be back in the evening ;)
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      I also wanted to add that I greatly appreciate the developement of a new czech community on PS, but i decided to keep my blog mostly in english, for practice reasons, but also because I want to stay in touch with wider player base.

Sng sharks from all over the world are welcome with any nasty comments ;) :s_biggrin: