Frozen acc, wtf do i OWE ps??

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      About 3-4 years back i had an acc on ps on which i remember had gone to 0$ not sure though.

Then about a year ago i tried to log on that acc again, then i got told it was frozen. I figured i was because of me beeing so long inactive, and maybe because they changed their skin completely. So i wrote i mail, saying i was pretty pissed, since i then back then have got a lot of points.

Then i got THIS mail from them:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that the funds in question were spent in the tables;
      reinstatement is required to go on with your case and therefore
      we would like to know if you are interested in having the issue
      solved.

For further assistance do not hesitate to contact us again.

I wrote back:

Why is my acc frozen. Please undo.

Then i got this silly wierd mail that didnt make ANY sense at ALL:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

We inform you that your account is restricted as we received a
      chargeback from a deposit made in your account with the credit
      card 4***********2796 on 5/31/2009.

At this moment the balance in your account is $-199.97,
      therefore, in order to assist you accordingly with the account
      reinstatement, we kindly ask you to please confirm if you wants
      to made a deposit to clear this negative balance.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Miguel J.
      PokerStars Security Team

After that i did not understand a thing. They say i owe them 200$?? For what, i cant even recall me playing poker in 2009 at all. I dont even own a card with theese numbers mentioned above.

Then i figured, what the hell, im making another one. And after 2 days playing on stars with the new acc, and get up aprox. 40$ It gets frozen?

By that they froze a acc, with me nearly loosing 100$ to them.

Then i got really pissed and wrote to the security team:

i would very much like to know why it is, everytime i put money on a acc, it gets frozen.

I demand an explanation.

xxxxxxxx - frozen long time ago
      xxxxxxxxxx - frozen just a month or so ago.

i remembered putting 2 or so deposits on the acc. Why the fuck is it frozen. Are u guys stealing my money???

And then they just wrote back, without giving me a answer i could use:

Hello Martin,

Please note that we contacted you on July 7th regarding this
      matter. For your reference I have included a copy of the email in
      question below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Martin,

We inform you that your account is restricted as we received a
      chargeback from a deposit made in your account with the credit
      card 4***********2796 on 5/31/2009.

At this moment the balance in your account is $-199.97,
      therefore, in order to assist you accordingly with the account
      reinstatement, we kindly ask you to please confirm if you wants
      to made a deposit to clear this negative balance.

So im sitting here, thinking back, how it would be possible for me to ever get an acc on ps.

Furthermore, how it in hell is possible to get NEGATIVEs acc funds on a poker acc.
  • 19 replies
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I would never deposit at PokerStars again if I were you. Just chose another room. They are obviously stealing.
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Obviously you cant keep making new accounts and playing on their platform when you screw things up. Also, you seem to be having a lot of trouble understanding their simple emails. All made perfect sense to me.

You had an outstanding issue with them where they gave you money on a deposit, you lost it, and then that deposit was cancelled by the credit card company, therefore you owe them $200.

Of course if you try to create a new account, which is against the terms of use agreement, they will freeze it and confiscate the funds to reimburse the $200 you still owe them.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      yeah im also thinking that. However they have so insanely many neat gtd tours, all around 24/7. Maybe it is because i only play theese kinds og tours on stars.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Tournaments are the only things stars is good for, the cash games is just a big regfest.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I cant see why it seems so simple to you.

How is it possible to get funds on a poker acc, if it is cancelled?

It may seem simple to you, but maybe it is a bit anoying u saying its simple explanations, when i KNOW i didnt play that year? And that i dont owe a credit card with theese numbers?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if u don't own the card:

a) ask them what card company it is

b) phone up the card company and explain the situation.

c) if you don't own the card, then someone else has been using your account. ask stars to explore this possibility by checking the IP address logs for your account.

d) stop moaning in forum and get your thinking cap on. I came up with this in 60 seconds, i'm sure you can do better.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I just don't see why someone would deposit secretly on someone else account.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Money laundering? $200 is not much but still....
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      credit card are a bad idea for money laundering imo anyway :P
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      credit card are a bad idea for money laundering imo anyway :P
      True! There's a bigger chance of drunken night of poker imo than that...

@martinemem: Best thing you can do is what conall suggested. Maybe someone you know played on your account and deposited (brother, girlfriend, room mate, etc.) and you forgot about it.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      The deposit was probably made with a stolen credit card, hence the chargeback.

If OP is legit, then he should probably ask PokerStars to try to help him get to the bottom of this. There could be bigger issues (identity theft comes to mind) at stake here than the $200 on PokerStars.

Like what an earlier poster suggested, you should tell PS that you do not own a card matching those numbers and some fraud is probably at play here. Ask them if it will be possible for them to forward you the details of the bank where that card was issued, and also the details of that transaction (the ref number, amount, time, date etc) and follow up with the bank to find out how it ended up being used to fund your account and why that charge got bounced.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I took your suggestions to concideration, and wrote a mail back - kindly though it was hard - to them to get any information at all and got this mail back:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your email.

The only information we can provide you are the last 4 digits of
      the VISA card used in your account which are 2796.

As stated in our previous emails your account can not be
      reinstated until you have repaid its negative balance.

Feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

JuanF
      PokerStars Security Team

PokerStars will NEVER ask you to confirm your login credentials
      or password via email, phone or chat facility or in any way. We
      do not advise giving your login information to anyone under any
      circumstances.

I have to cool down after this. It appears that was all i could do, since they have so screwed up service, with incompetent supporters. They simply wont give me any information, so i can get to the bottom of this shit.
      Even though it is so easy for them to place a search for my acc name in their server, and send the ip, or even just look @ the fucking deposit that was made.
      But they seem to be so incompetent, that they can only give me a date and a amount and the 4 last ciffers on the credit card.

Anyone have ANY suggestions to how i will be able to play all theese sweet GTD tours they have 24/7?

To everyone having an acc @ ps. Be careful they dont freeze your account, and then claim you owe them money. It seems they can do so, without even proofs!
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      You should resolve the first issue with your original account. Perhaps your original account was hacked, and perhaps you can prove that.

If so, You can probably have your funds reimbursed, but they don't tollerate multi-accounting at all and you might have a hard time getting that money back as a result.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martinemem
      Anyone have ANY suggestions to how i will be able to play all theese sweet GTD tours they have 24/7?
      Pay them $199.xx
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Then i figured, what the hell, im making another one. And after 2 days playing on stars with the new acc, and get up aprox. 40$ It gets frozen?

By that they froze a acc, with me nearly loosing 100$ to them.
      So you figured instead of solving the problem your going to broke their terms and conditions? Do you really think this will help your case?

And its your job to keep your account secure. The fact is somebody did deposit those 200$ to your account that chargedback to them so you do owe them money since it was on you acount that only YOU should have acces to. You could just tell your password to a friend who then credited the account with a stolen credit card for all they know.

In the end its 200$. Just consider it a bad beat and move on.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Well, you can still play their live events? I think? :/
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      ask them what information you would need to provide to get the relevent information. the reason they won't give you the information is data protection.

as long as you can prove your identity to them, they should have no issues giving you more info about this.

I would also recommend paying the $199, and then once this is done, talk further about this, and say, you wish to claim it back as it was not you, and you believe your account was hacked. Tell them you want it investigated.
    • bj355
      bj355
      Bronze
      To everyone having an acc @ ps. Be careful they dont freeze your account, and then claim you owe them money. It seems they can do so, without even proofs!
      Do you think Pokerstars even cares about your $200? They make more rake than that in a second. You do owe Pokerstars money, whether it was you who did it or not. Your account is your responsibility and don't expect to get your account unfrozen until they get that money.

I agree with what conall88 said. That would be the correct approach.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      same thing had happened to few players i know. you will have to pay stars those 200 $ if you want to play again. verry standart on stars in this case