Hey

• TheJap
      TheJap
      Bronze
      Hi,

So hello everyone ! Just thought I'd actually start taking advantage of some of the benefits of posting on the forum instead of reading only :) And introductions are never a bad thing so hey.

Cant remember where I heard of PokerStrategy.com from before tbh, it was so long ago ! I've been playing on Stars recently, grinding out the 180mans to build a bankroll :)

Some background info about myself, I'm currently 19years old and living in sunny South Africa. Studying a Bcom in Finance, in my second year of studies atm.

Erm not sure what else to say, so Hello :f_biggrin:
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello TheJap and welcome to our community!

Great to have such a positive energy post :)

You're young, ambitious and already SILVER!! What more could we ask for :)

The Mod team and I are also playing on Stars and crushing the 180 man hyperz. Its almost luckboxing though, some days you win, some days you lose about 10 of those.

How do you coop with it then? Whats your strategy?

Let us know and see you at the tables:)
      Ingrid
    • TheJap
      TheJap
      Bronze
      Agreed, I'm just playing 4tables max since my laptop screen isn't the biggest. Ive got enough buyin's to not worry about a big downswing so don't take it to heart losing a flip in the late stages.

Tend to just play tight, generally don't play a hand in the first 3 levels unless its premium, but I guess thats standard :) . One advantage I do think I have, especially in the low stakes, is knowing ICM, and what is a good profitable shove.

Nearly got my Gold, looking forward to that :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi TheJap

a warm, sunny welcome to our community! :D

wow, i haven't met many members from South Africa before. what is it like? are there plenty of amazing exotic animals everywhere? sorry for the silly questions, i think it's fascinating.

anyway, it is always a good idea to stop lurking and start posting! :f_biggrin: how else can people get to know you and help you?

looking forward to seeing much more of you starting now! hehe.
      how did you learn ICM? which was the biggest help in your learning?

smiles,
      wendy
    • TheJap
      TheJap
      Bronze
      Its got lovely weather, as can be expected, summer reaches 35-40 with winter even reaching 25 :D We have Zebra's roaming the street and everything, haha, nah just easy access to game reserves and such things. Most irritating thing about living here has got to be the internet, Capped shaped bandwidth is about as fun as watching paint dry.

When I first came onto Poker Strategy I got my $50 and downloaded elephant and the ICM trainer, since I was new I single tabled and needed some funky apps to keep me entertained between hands. So I've just had some practice playing about in the trainer :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D

Roo
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome!