[NL2-NL10] overpair on pair flop vs 4bet

• rudders93

In this hand, I'm not to sure how to analyse this. The villain has 16%VPIP, 14%PFR,9% 3bet.

Using that 3bet range, on the flop equilab puts me on 68% equity. What I'm confused about is his out of position raise. What could that indicate? If he had a Q why not check behind and wait for the cbet (which I'd likely do given it's a nice board)? My thinking was that if I called, I'd still likely push AI on the turn, so I want to get in now. Hence my push. But I have a feeling that a call would have been a better play, and then to reevaluate on the turn.

Given his action, should I have taken it as a bluff (with check raise being the more profitable action from his position) and acted the way I did, or should I have just called it down and tried for a cheap showdown.

Party Poker $4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1487028
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $6.92
      BB: $4.00
      Hero (UTG): $4.23
      MP: $1.26
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $8.57

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG with K :club: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $0.80, BB calls $0.36

Flop: ($1.62) 7 :heart: Q :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero raises to $3.43 all in, BB folds
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello rudders93,

Preflop: Min-4betting is just horrible. If you want to 4bet then do it properly, I would do it ~$1,20.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you raise it here? You would just scare away a lot weaker hands, just Call it and let him maybe even continue bluffs or if he even Checks the turn then ship it.

Best Regards.