whats wrong with my graph?

• 6 replies
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      You have either bad variance, or you go AI/call AI when you're behind/dominated, even though it should be the other way around.

Analyze your play, check the equities after the hand every time you go AI. If you're well ahead like 70-80% of the time, then it's just bad variance. If you find yourself going AI with terrible odds all the time, then you need to adjust your play.

If you want to avoid variance, try to avoid coinflip AIs. This is especially important after you've lost with aces & kings a few times in a row, you want that money "back" so you're more willing to gamble on a coinflip. This should be avoided, because if you lose, you just tilt more.

6-max is dreadful for variance as well, I'm down like 30$ dollars atm even though I'm like 80-90% ahead almost every time I go AI.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      You run good after the moneys in but doesint mean much with this amount of hands
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Whats up with your graph?

Well....

1) you havn't played enough hands for it to mean anything

2) you've been running hot

3) your EV is negative

that is all.....
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      hey i have a hand in my graph where i have a FD on the flop verus a made straghit and i semi-bluf around 70 cents and on the turn i get my flush and around 1.5 $ more i bet for value the turn and the river as well i tink i got the rest of it on the river

Why is the red line on this hand 4 dollars down and my green line is of course 4 dollars up? i bet the turn and river and wen all in on the river with the best hand
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      It's because your opponent still has some equity to win with straight flush or higher flush on the river.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by c0wking
      You have either bad variance, or you go AI/call AI when you're behind/dominated, even though it should be the other way around.

Analyze your play, check the equities after the hand every time you go AI. If you're well ahead like 70-80% of the time, then it's just bad variance. If you find yourself going AI with terrible odds all the time, then you need to adjust your play.

If you want to avoid variance, try to avoid coinflip AIs. This is especially important after you've lost with aces & kings a few times in a row, you want that money "back" so you're more willing to gamble on a coinflip. This should be avoided, because if you lose, you just tilt more.

6-max is dreadful for variance as well, I'm down like 30$ dollars atm even though I'm like 80-90% ahead almost every time I go AI.
      Not the best advice telling people to avoid +EV situations if they've lost a few hands previously tbh. +EV situations where you expect it's a coinflip / you're slightly ahead and you have already invested money in the pot / think you have fold equity should never be folded because you've previously been running bad. The cards have no memory.

Bogdan, so you got the money all in on the river with the best hand and the EV line still showed negative? That sounds really strange. If you got it in on the flop/turn then it would make sense but this doesn't. Hopefully someone can help you out with that ?(