Thanks for your post.

Gerv does the occasional coaching. Also here is a video for MSS by Gerv;

Continuation Bets and beyond by Gerv
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he roopopper,

Currently Sit and Goes, No Limit Bigstack Strategy and Fixed Limit are the areas where we put the main focus on, especially when teaching it to our new users - so for basic, bronze and silver-status.
      Currently we are occassionally bringing videos by Gerv and dubbed videos from our russian community. In not so long future we will also having an article series about MSS, that is currently also developed by the russian community.
      For the coaching parts: We are always reviewing on how much our users visit certain coachings. I am afraid that those numbers currently do not support having a additional MSS-coaching.
      On a happier note: stay tuned for more occasional videos + the new article series as soon as our russian colleagues have finished it.
    • Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      Its ok for Gerv c-bet video but i agree with him that is very little articles for MSS...
      I am MSS player and i would loved to see some MSS coachings... ;)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the great replies everyone :)

I have watched all of gerv's mss videos and they are excellent, along with his coaching. In fact I have to say Gerv's style of coaching in my opinion is the best I have come across at ps as a beginner!(this is on no way a slant on any other coaches!!! ) its just my opinion!
      I really feel mss is the way forward for me and I'm sure many beginners feel the same way, it explains the concepts of 3 betting, blind stealing and raising over limpers with a weak range really well, its such a shame there is not more info for silver members in mss concepts!!
      I really welcome the upcoming input from the russian coaches, and hope to see many more vids and articles? I feel there is a shortage of the next step in mss, which made me move to bss, which in my opinion was too early and I could not really make it work.
      Do us silver members have to "buy" gold status so we can move up from bronze articles? ?(
      What is the point in being tracked by ps and earning points if there is no reward at the end of it? X(

Thankyou Saka000 for your feedback :)

Roo

:)
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I like your honesty in regard to moving from MSS to BSS.I have felt the same way. I find that if I start at a table as MSS and then win enough to put me quickly to a BSS position I crumble with the though of cashing out and starting with a Mid -stack at a new table.
      Any others out there who have been through this before and fixed this thought process and game adjustment?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      he roopopper,

Currently Sit and Goes, No Limit Bigstack Strategy and Fixed Limit are the areas where we put the main focus on, especially when teaching it to our new users - so for basic, bronze and silver-status.
      Currently we are occassionally bringing videos by Gerv and dubbed videos from our russian community. In not so long future we will also having an article series about MSS, that is currently also developed by the russian community.
      For the coaching parts: We are always reviewing on how much our users visit certain coachings. I am afraid that those numbers currently do not support having a additional MSS-coaching.
      On a happier note: stay tuned for more occasional videos + the new article series as soon as our russian colleagues have finished it.
      Why has mss had to take such a back seat? Is it because ps got a lot of critisism for promoting short stack play in the past?
      surely if the mid stack strategy is on offer to members with tracked accounts we should expect more silver articles and coaching at a level that at least equals the other strategies?

Roo
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

Bump
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Roo,

Thanks for your reminder! :f_p:

We always strive to have a fantastic selection for everyone in terms of content, some areas are better covered than others for obvious reasons.

When it comes to MSS & BSS, we like to encourage our users to learn about the BSS also. Why? Because it develops one's whole understanding of the game better, if we study a more complex strategy to beat a game, then our understanding of the game will also become more complex.

We used to introduce people who where new to the game to the short stack strategy, this is not done anymore as most rooms do not allow you to sit with under 50BB.

So then MSS is the fantastic way for beginners to get into the poker mindset, and to allow their understanding of the game to increase to great level of quality. This will be further reenforced when BSS is studied, simply as a by-product.

We'll let you know when the Russian MSS content has arrived; It has been enquired about :)

In the meantime, doing some BSS certainly would not harm, or? :f_biggrin:

Take care roo, hope to hear from you soon!

-E
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      "Congratulations, you now have the Silver status!

With Silver status at PokerStrategy.com, you'll get access to hundreds of English poker videos and strategy articles."

Not if you play mss you wont !!!! X(

How hard can it be to write a few silver articles and make a couple of vids? You have a great coach in Gerv and also I notice you have "yourdoompoker" who plays at high levels and is experienced in 40BB poker X(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by roopopper

With Silver status at PokerStrategy.com, you'll get access to hundreds of English poker videos and strategy articles."

How hard can it be to write a few silver articles and make a couple of vids? You have a great coach in Gerv and also I notice you have "yourdoompoker" who plays at high levels and is experienced in 40BB poker X(

he roopopper,

we have some mss-silver-articles coming in (for short-handed tough)
      ETA: next couple of weeks
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Roo,
      Thanks for pushing the MSS cause.I only today have seen how this thread has progressed from way back when.
      The MSS short handed sounds interesting although I have not read anywhere on Pokerstrategy.com how MSS is played short handed.
      Have I totally missed all that content?
      Or is it new?
      MSS is my preferred strategy and limited although the content has been compared to other content(BSS SnGo); it has been good for me.
      Profitable and clear to pick up and addapt.
      Your right Gerv rocks ( my opinion). :s_love:
      Thanks in advance pokerstrategy.
      Simon
      Peace
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      just a quick response:
      for the english community the SH-MSS will be new.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      just a quick response:
      for the english community the SH-MSS will be new.
      :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

he roopopper,

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X(
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

he roopopper,

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X(

more bumping X(
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He bumpeeees,

Friday will be the day :-)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze