This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 - Massive hand

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Mis-clicked pre flop.

After seeing flop & amount of action ahead of me I figured it would be criminal to even consider folding my draw, the equity I would need is pretty small and I figure the OESD had it?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.58
      BB:
      $4.03
      MP2:
      $1.97
      CO:
      $12.83
      BU:
      $8.53

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 4:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.27, BB calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.50) K:heart: , 7:diamond: , 5:club: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.5, MP2 raises to $1.67 (All-In), CO folds, BU calls $1.67, Hero raises to $5.28 (All-In), BB calls $2.23 (All-In), BU calls $3.61.

Turn: ($17.46) T:spade:
      River: ($17.46) 5:spade: (4 players)

Final Pot: $17.46

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Ad Kd)
      BU shows two-pair, kings and fives (Ks Qh)
      Hero shows (6s 4s)
      BB shows two-pair, kings and tens (Kc Th)

BU wins with two-pair, kings and fives (Ks Qh)
      BB wins with two-pair, kings and tens (Kc Th)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop should be standard fold. :)

Although as you go for flop, I am not a big fan of going broke there. Of course somewhat you might get the odds, but still you just have a draw there. You haven't really invested much into the pot and could already be even against better straight-draws. Or some strong hands and of course multiway. It doesn't mean that you have a draw and therefore always have to go broke. If we put all the opponents in the hand into play and put them some kind of range then I really doubt that you even getting it. With the money you have to invest you need ~35% equity, do you think you get it? Or from what do you think you getting the money in long run with your draw?

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Had a play around with the equilator on this hand. Against opponents actual hands my equity was 35%, but against 3 sets equity is 28% due to the FH draws. Worst case scenario is of course villians having better straight draw, if thats the case it doesn't look very good at all, personally I thought the chances of seeing 6-8 were fairly low, but its not impossible given play.

As played I needed 30% equity to make a break even call. Odds can get as bad as 35% and as good as 20% depending on BB's and Buttons actions.

All-in its pretty close either way, if I had analysed all the stats before making the decision (rather than guesstimating in a few seconds as played) it would be a toss up for me, only real issue is that its high variance.