Hi! Really tho? :)

• monezero
      monezero
      Bronze
      Greetings from sunny Scotland!
      The site looks amazing, Ive been playing for about 6 years with varied success, a few big tourney wins here and there but not a whole lot else. I have already found a wealth of useful info from the quiz articles tho so am dead pleased :)
      I am curious tho about the free $50 I mean there has to be a catch right? Even if there is, am still impressed :) Looking forward to implementing some actual BRM for the first time and not the old "Yea Im probably ready to step up a level.... oh dear" chestnut.
  • 15 replies
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Hi,

There isn't really a catch to the $50 starting capital. PokerStrategy.com receives a part of the rake you pay on the poker site(s) you play tracked by PokerStrategy.com. Therefor PokerStrategy.com is able to offer you many videos, articles, coachings, the forum and ofcourse the $50 capital.

You aren't the first who doubts of the fairness of this program, but I hope you can see that it's basically just a great win-win-win situation with no catches or anything like that. Win-win-win since you receive a free capital and strategy, PokerStrategy.com receives a part of the rake and the poker site gets you as a new, valued member.

As for the BRM, you should really use this. If you are playing Sit n go's or other tournaments, I could help you to set up a proper bankroll management for yourself. If you prefer to play cashgames, I'm sure one of the other coaches or moderators will be glad to help you with that.

Enjoy the $50 and good luck at the tables.

Kind regards,

Bart
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi monezero,

welcome to our community! :D glad to see so much enthusiasm here.
      if you've learned so much from the quiz already, well, there is a whole lot more in store for you!

i absolutely look forward to having more of that great energy around the forums.
      if you want to know about our business model you can click that linky :)

DonBartos is absolutely right about the win-win-win part :heart: (lots of love to you sir for popping by today. it's gonna be an awesome day i predict) :D

so what game do you play? and have you picked a room yet?

smiles,
      wendy
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Thanks for your kind words, Wendy. :s_love:
    • monezero
      monezero
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome!

DonBartos I could definately use some advice re: the finer points of BRM. I've dabbled with cash games in the past but have found myself to be very much a tourney player. The only game I play seriously is hold'em with the odd game of Omaha and a very occasional hand or two of razz :)

Cheers Wendy, Ive elected to play on party poker, although I have funds on stars I am looking forward to building a whole new roll somewhere new! Hopefully crushing the low stakes sNg's! :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah cool :s_cool:

don't forget we have 2 daily freerolls exclusive to PokerStrategy.com members. :) feel free to play a few (or many) if you felt like it.

cheers! make sure to let us know how you get on, k?
    • monezero
      monezero
      Bronze
      Thanks! I will do :)
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Hi,

What will you be playing? MTTs/STTs?
    • monezero
      monezero
      Bronze
      Mostly single tables Don with the occasional multi thrown in here and there!
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Well I tried to do some research for the stakes of SNGs on Party Poker, but I pretty much failed. So let's say there are $1.10, $2.20, $5.50, $11, $22, $33 STTs.

Then I'd use the following bankroll management where the bankroll would be the minimum roll to have behind when you are shotting.

$1.10 - $0
      $2.20 - $55
      $5.50 - $150
      $11 - $450
      $22 - $1,100
      $33 - $2,400

So if you want to play 5 games of $11, you should have about $150+$55 = $205.

Of course, this is just a suggestion on my part. You could always have a more agressive bankroll management if you're looking to move up and down real quickly, or a tighter one if you prefer a little less variance.

Good luck on the tables.
    • monezero
      monezero
      Bronze
      Hi Don,

Am up to about $80 on the $1 sng's going to try the $2 this evening!

thanks for the advice :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ooh nice. gogogogogo!

may variance be on your side :)
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Originally posted by monezero
      Hi Don,

Am up to about $80 on the $1 sng's going to try the $2 this evening!

thanks for the advice :)
      Good luck sir :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D

Roo
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi, Have fun here, it's great :s_love:
    • bringmecards