The 10000$ Bankroll Building Challenge

• TheJournalist
      TheJournalist
      Basic
      I am going to try and grind my bankroll from $100 to $10,000, playing micro stakes cash games of No Limit Hold 'Em.

This challenge aims to improve my own game. The main aim of this challenge is to learn how to be a profitable player at micro stakes No Limit Hold 'Em. Also the $10000 bankroll should allow me to comfortably play 200nl.

Starting the grind with 100$ at 2nl , and will move to 5nl at 250$ bankroll :)

I will start playing at 2nl the lowest possible available stakes in online poker and plan to move to grind the bankroll to $ 10000 so that I can play 200nl at online poker.

The profit column shows how much profit is required to make at each level. I will only move up level once bankroll is greater than 50 full buy-ins at that new stake. If my bankroll falls below 50 buy-ins at the current level, I will move down a level. This is an essential part of bankroll management, and ensures the full bankroll is never lost.
  • 12 replies
    • TheJournalist
      TheJournalist
      Basic
      I cant post a pic :( :rolleyes: :(
    • chaparrito77
      chaparrito77
      Coach
      Coach
      i think you will when you make your 1st strategy point.

gl with your challenge
    • OMGLikeUsher
      OMGLikeUsher
      Bronze
      Yeah, are you going to be playing sit n go also, or just reg cash games?

And GoodLuck ;)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Dont want to put a downer on your challenge but nowadays is near impossible to grind from nl2 upto nl200. Depending on how much time you have it will probably take 2 years. if your not winning at nl2 then you will need at least 50k hands until nl5. You will need at least 50k hands of each stake up until nl25 where you need to grind like 100k unless you run good. Then its like 100k of each until nl200. So prepared to grind like shit and play like 12 tables solidly otherwise you will get bored before you even make $1000
    • TheJournalist
      TheJournalist
      Basic
      @ chaparrito77 :-how to earn that ?

@ OMGLikeUsher :- NL Hold Em :)

@ dogma18 :- If i could just post some picsz :( i could show the chart :p . Have the same plan and need to grind almost same number of hands at each level as you are saying, maybe more at some levels.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi TheJournalist and welcome to our blog section! You will be able to upload a picture when your basic status changes to bronze +

I can see that you didn't manage to complete your registration yet (missing personal details and didn't pick any poker room to receive the free $50) is that for purpose?

Let me know if we can help you
      Ingrid
    • TheJournalist
      TheJournalist
      Basic
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi TheJournalist and welcome to our blog section! You will be able to upload a picture when your basic status changes to bronze +

I can see that you didn't manage to complete your registration yet (missing personal details and didn't pick any poker room to receive the free $50) is that for purpose?

Ingrid
      Ya i already have an account & have already received the 50$ starting capital. I dont think i am allowed to 2nd 50$ :D

Created this account just for the purpose of this challenge. Also plz dont stop this a/c . I will be just using this forum mainly. :)

Could i have my capacity to post picsz and pm enabled ?
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheJournalist
      Ya i already have an account
      :f_mad:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

Ingrid
      Ya i already have an account & have already received the 50$ starting capital. I dont think i am allowed to 2nd 50$ :D

Created this account just for the purpose of this challenge. Also plz dont stop this a/c . I will be just using this forum mainly. :)

Could i have my capacity to post picsz and pm enabled ?
      Hi again,

I'm sorry but this is totally against our T&C's and I can't see why you wouldn't want to use your original account to blog about? With basic account, you're not able to post pictures and I can't/won't make an exception either.

Please try to understand that multiaccounting is not allowed and your account needs to be closed. You need to give me your other account username and start blogging with that if you wish to continue.

Let me know
      Ingrid
    • chaparrito77
      chaparrito77
      Coach
      Coach
      Edit.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Dont want to put a downer on your challenge but nowadays is near impossible to grind from nl2 upto nl200. Depending on how much time you have it will probably take 2 years. if your not winning at nl2 then you will need at least 50k hands until nl5. You will need at least 50k hands of each stake up until nl25 where you need to grind like 100k unless you run good. Then its like 100k of each until nl200. So prepared to grind like shit and play like 12 tables solidly otherwise you will get bored before you even make $1000

I started with a $20 bankroll 4 months ago. Took 1 month until I was playing nl25 and am now playing up to nl100. It's not impossible.

Though I wouldn't stay at nl2 until I got $250.

I started at nl4, then moved to nl10 once I had $100, nl25 at $500, nl50 at$2000.
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkprice
      Ya i alread :f_confused: y have an account
      :f_mad:
      Couldn't have put it better myself.