Is using a HUD a must?

• hamid88
      hamid88
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I've been playing poker on stars for quite some time now but its just always been on and off. I had HEM installed before but i reformatted my computer. I haven't been bothered to install it ever since so i was wondering is it really a must to have a HUD at lower stakes to be profitable?

Suggestions/advice welcome.
  • 17 replies
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Hard to say if more information about your opponents is beneficial to a poker player.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      It's essential imo especially if multi tabling.
    • hamid88
      hamid88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Akcus
      Hard to say if more information about your opponents is beneficial to a poker player.
      That's cute but if you read the topic, you'd see the bit where i state 'a must'

If you're just playing 1 table at a time, you can do fine without it or?
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hamid88

I dont know, its a really hard question. I think you should ask live players, maybe they know better.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze

If you play a very good amout of tables that you can keep tracking notes on your opponents i dont consider a must. Though, all help is all appreciated.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      what winrate is a must?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      without hud you hardly will see some reads, for example that oppoent only 3bets with AA. So when he 3bet you can easy fold. With hud you will see - by percentages if you have big enought sample. So if you can loose against him with QQ+, AK don't even knowing that you are crushed after he 3bets.

There should be more such examlples.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      without hud you hardly will see some reads, for example that oppoent only 3bets with AA. So when he 3bet you can easy fold. With hud you will see - by percentages if you have big enought sample. So if you can loose against him with QQ+, AK don't even knowing that you are crushed after he 3bets.

There should be more such examlples.
      Lol, I know a pacific NL100 reg who's 3-bet is 3%. The thing is I've been watching him and he always coldcalls KK+ and only 3-bets speculative hands. Go figure.
    • hamid88
      hamid88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      one of the ps coaches plays nl100 and above without hud and says it helps him to play better, he said he played worse with hud on as he was too reliant on the stats. I,m not sure which coach it was, but I know it was one of the nl cg coaches.

Roo
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      one of the ps coaches plays nl100 and above without hud and says it helps him to play better, he said he played worse with hud on as he was too reliant on the stats. I,m not sure which coach it was, but I know it was one of the nl cg coaches.

Roo
      Yeah Bierbaer plays NL100+ without HUD but it's because he has technical difficulties and IMO he's just too lazy to fix it :D He still crushes those limits IMO.
    • hamid88
      hamid88
      Bronze
      one of the ps coaches plays nl100 and above without hud and says it helps him to play better, he said he played worse with hud on as he was too reliant on the stats.
      That's actually quite interesting.

Wonder if anyone else has also had this problem.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      you could try joining his coaching on a thursday and ask him a few questions on how he plays without hud :)

Roo
    • rakijasrb
      rakijasrb
      Bronze
      :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rakijasrb
      Hello and Welcome to the forum :) have you posted in the "introduce yourself" section yet ? we would all love to know more about you :)

Roo

• Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      not a must but added advantages.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      one of the ps coaches plays nl100 and above without hud and says it helps him to play better, he said he played worse with hud on as he was too reliant on the stats.
      That's actually quite interesting.

Wonder if anyone else has also had this problem.
      Yep, but it's more a matter of "fancy play", as you can appreciate I fixed (/am fixing) the leak. Looking at stats made it easier to think "He's a total donk I can outplay him" when I need more "nah, he's got me beat this time, let's be honest".