Just LOVE PokerStars

• 60 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Sounds like NL2, how big is ur volume daily? Dont worry, this shall pass.
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      About 5-8k hands per day .. When downswing started, was taking breaks, clearing head, but no use, it just keeps going down :f_cry:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      yeah no biggies, im in a "downswing" on NL2 today as well, overall lost $14 bucks the whole day, stating i play MSS, it is a lot of money lol.

Just dont worry, the sick thing about NL2 is all ur lines might suck, just focus on doing ur best all the time and everything else is just random. They are crazy down there and there is nothing we can do but try to value bet our big hands all the time.
    • vanderveen89
      vanderveen89
      Bronze
      NL2 is so ridiculously stressful! I've had AA cracked 4 times in a row, and KK cracked or run into AA 3 times in a row. I haven't made money on either hand in over 3 days, and AA only made me money once in the last 2 weeks. Donktastical down here!

Yesterday I raised 4 bb from UTG, and guy calls with 56s. Flop come 5 7 9 rainbow. Hits pair of fives, calls my 2/3 pot bet on the premise "he didnt think I had a 9". I raise 2/3 again on turn some garbage card, he CALLS AGAIN. Then river comes 5 and he get's trips, but I'm pinning him on QQ or maybe a straight draw, which wouldn't have gone through at this point. So I raise all in. Money ALL GONE BYE BYE *TEARCRY*
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      If you had thought he missed a straight draw why would you want to go all-in on river? He will only fold missed draws.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yankomania
      About 5-8k hands per day .. :
      Crazy... Maybe you should try 1-2 tabling and try to refocus
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      That's outrageous. At first you ran good for some time and then you ran bad for some time. This graph is either fake or there's something substatially wrong with Stars random number generator. Sue teh basters IMO.
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      This graph isn't fake, the strategy and the game play style is 100% the same without any tilt or any wrong moves .. But when you start to lose preflop all-in AA 80% of the againsr smaller pair who hits a set or AJ who hits straight it's different story.. It's called Variance or maybe online poker riggedness or something like that.. :f_biggrin: but it's stars - or you run hot or you loose much .. and it's just NL2, so ... :f_confused:
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      Glad I just play sit n gos for now :) eventually will start cash when my roll is high enough and can support it .
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      just how poker is sometimes. I would spend more time getting better if i were you instead of playing that many hands. I recommend spending 80% playing and 20% studying or even 75/25.

please note: Not blaming your downswing on runbad, just saying that your winrate seem very low when looking at the graph.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      You are only up 7 buyins over 50 k hands at nl2?????

seriously man you are obv doing something wrong... of course bad beats happen and a lot at nl2 because guys get their money in so bad but from your graph you must be playing a lot of hands wrong. I was playing 6 max nl2 tonight to try to get back into cash and i found myself playing like 22+, A10s from first 3 positions and mixing in broadway cards, suited connectors in late position. I think i played 1k hands and was up 3 buyins and i ran my set into higher set twice.

What im saying is over 10k hands you should be up at least 10 buyins unless you run ridicolously bad, Over 50k hands you should really have mastered nl2 and probz be up at least 50 buyins, giving you the bankroll for nl5.

My advice, dont play anymore but spend the time reading all the articles you can, watch videos as well and also dont play more than 6 tables when you come back. 6 tables are enough so that you get a decent amount of hands in, and also you can see every table at once.
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      PLAY SNG!!!!!
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      i love pokerstars too man
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      Now I'm lovin it too ! :f_biggrin:
      This month grind:

Then I was a such a full-ring bot who even didn't know what he's doing at tables, now everythings normal...
      But I'm still grinding NL2 for fun (24tabling) cause I can't go go up of the reason, that I'm playin without hud's (laptop too slow) and I'm cashing out every 100 bucks for beer :f_biggrin: ,

but now,

I JUST LOVE POKERSTARS ! :f_biggrin:

Best of luck you guys at the tables,

yankomania :f_biggrin:
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      250,000 hands in a month and your still silver status?
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      I'm not tracked with PS on Stars, silver status I made with 888 poker playin couple of hands in day... :f_biggrin:
      If I would be tracked then diamond on NL2 is too far, but platinium is possible...

Best of luck at the tables,

yankomania :f_biggrin:
    • Rukkizzi
      Rukkizzi
      Bronze
      You should really move up, your clearly capable and ready :)
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Sick grind!

What is your usual monthly volume?
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yankomania
      I'm cashing out every 100 bucks for beer :f_biggrin: ,
      Good lad!!!

Awesome grinding mate. 250k hands and 300bi in a month is INSANE