NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.70)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($13.09)
      UTG+1 ($10.19)
      Hero ($10.52)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.55, fold, BB calls $0.45, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.45

FLOP ($2.35) 3:club: A:heart: 7:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($2.35) 3:club: A:heart: 7:spade: T:heart:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.60, BTN calls $1.60, BB calls $1.60, UTG+1 folds

RIVER ($7.15) 3:club: A:heart: 7:spade: T:heart: T:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4, BB folds

Hi!

The 2 limpers are fishes, BTN is a 16/12 reg.

Is it a good idea to check flop? Actually I was about to c/f. I didnt see much value there, no draws, and there can be some better Ax, especially BTN can have it. And he will never bluff into this pot.

River size is ok or a bit bigger? Tx always raises, I wanted to have value from AJ-AQ. 5 maybe?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • kisgatyas
      kisgatyas
      Bronze
      Hi Cukk,

I think the button range is much wider than Ax, probably you have the best hand here, so you should bet to take the pot right now, and not giving a free card to 3 opp. imo the flop line is : bet/fold and of course reevaluate on the further streets.

Br,
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

Yes ofc its much wider, but includes some better Ax, and a free card cannot hurt so much, I am mostly vs 2 or 3 outs, and I didnt want to get in a big pot. + easier to get value on turn from weaker hands, like Tx, FD.

Only value I could get on the flop is from the random Ax hands, which are in the fishes range. But I can do it on turn-river as well.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am not going to cbet Flop. IOt is better to check/fold here since u can face very difficult situations. You can also try to see show down as cheap as possible.

I like the way you played....ket see what will judges say....they have never agreed with me:) )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Well, of course not CBetting here isn't even wrong. Since it will be hard to get value from a lot worse while not many draws are around anyways. But I don't agree with your thoughts about going for just Check/Fold, it's way too weak. I mean the BTN could even see weakness in everyone Check and take a stab there. :) I'd most likely Check/Call the flop and reevaluate it on further actions.

Although as played seems to be fine, you could even consider making a bit bigger bets. If they have an Ax they are paying anyways. Kinda interesting to know what the reg had? What kind of Ax he slowplayed. :D

Best Regards.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Ty, he had AQ. :)