NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.80)
      BB ($7.65)
      UTG ($8.14)
      UTG+1 ($10.15)
      CO ($13.74)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.55) A:club: 6:spade: 7:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.55) A:club: 6:spade: 7:diamond: 6:diamond:

UTG bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

RIVER ($5.15) A:club: 6:spade: 7:diamond: 6:diamond: T:heart:

UTG bets $3.20, Hero folds

UTG wins $4.90

Hi!

Villain is unknown, probably fish (stack size)

What is the best line here?

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Yeah difficult spot to me.

We have position and in cases like that i would play cbet/fold.

If he calls my cbet i play turn check behind or fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Doubt that I would change much in your line. Nice hand! You give him room for making hero-calls on further streets. But as he shows such an aggression then we can't really do much.

CBetting wouldn't bring us much anyways, there ain't gonna be a lot worse hands which are going to pay you, only some draws.

Best Regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Against some better players you should fold turn, since your hand is almost face up, but against fish I guess it is ok to call at least once on turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      Against some better players you should fold turn, since your hand is almost face up, but against fish I guess it is ok to call at least once on turn.
      Disagree, better players could easily even take stabs there while seeing you Checking the flop.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Yes and keep whit it till river, but since his UTG opening and 3b calling range will be strong I don't think it will be profitable to call down..
      If his 3b calling range would be something like AQs+ AK and TT+ -> AK+,AQs+ value betting, TT-JJ turning in bluff to get QQ and KK off , QQ(will probably bet turn but wont river) and KK would bet turn to get value from TT-QQ. and myby put a small value bet on river.

- since now its TT-JJ (10 combos =15) and AQs+,AK+ (4+6=10combos) which will bet river - 50/50 value/bluff - And now I think there need to be a good read or big stat sample than to close eyes and call.

aren't you donating money if you are folding every river ? Oh yh you wont have such grate odds to call since bet probably will be ~2/3
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, he wouldn't really bet the river anyways with hands like TT-QQ. :) Or any worse PPs. And why I am donating money? I am inducing him to bluff against me, and I could play the same way with Ax hand.

I would rather say that folding the turn is totally off, since he could also donk there with any weaker PPs which we beat.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      so what range would you put him if he would bet ~1.7/3 pot on turn? - than
      a) check river
      b) fire river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      so what range would you put him if he would bet ~1.7/3 pot on turn? - than
      a) check river
      b) fire river
      Well, a) is of course pretty easy, some bluffs at the best for us and the smaller PPs which still has showdown value with it.
      b) Well, most likely the Ax hand, doubt that they are capable of bluffing that big and that we are able to make a profitable Call vs them while being in 3bet pot and being against unknown.