This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AA on 4JJ

• BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.36)
      BB ($14.90)
      UTG ($7.60)
      UTG+1 ($23.28)
      CO ($9.66)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($1.05) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $4.20, UTG raises to $7.20 (AI), Hero calls $3

TURN ($15.45) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade: K:diamond:

RIVER ($15.45) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG shows 4:diamond: 4:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

UTG wins $14.68

I thought about calling his 3B on the flop but then what am I going to do on the turn, if a spade hits I have to fold and otherwise I go broke. So I decided to just go all-in now to get protection from his flush draws.

And I also think that his value range that beats me is tiny in this spot. Obviously 44 and I don't even give him a J in his range, because I think he would have raised most of them. He also played 41/0 over 34 hands, what made me think that he is a fish and might just make a spewy move or something with a pocket below JJ.
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Its difficult spot we dont want to face often:) ) but here is my oppininon

In hands like that i would not 4 bet FLOP. I ask my self what do i want to achieve...i would like to be called with worse hand and in this case you have to ask yourself what hand your opponent is willing to call with?

Maybe i would just call flop and and then reavaluate turn.

Lest wait for judges:) )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BrinkyBill,

Preflop: Well, the first cruel mistake is right here, there are 2 limpers and you ain't even taking them into account. Your raise size is horrible here.

As played
      Postflop: Well, actually it ain't a 3bet but it's just a raise. Most likely myself I'd even be inclined to just Call, since he will have anyways hard time to continue there. Jx is of course possible as well.

Best Regards.