NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.36)
      BB ($14.90)
      UTG ($7.60)
      UTG+1 ($23.28)
      CO ($9.66)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($1.05) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $4.20, UTG raises to $7.20 (AI), Hero calls $3

TURN ($15.45) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade: K:diamond:

RIVER ($15.45) 4:spade: J:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG shows 4:diamond: 4:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

UTG wins $14.68

I thought about calling his 3B on the flop but then what am I going to do on the turn, if a spade hits I have to fold and otherwise I go broke. So I decided to just go all-in now to get protection from his flush draws.

And I also think that his value range that beats me is tiny in this spot. Obviously 44 and I don't even give him a J in his range, because I think he would have raised most of them. He also played 41/0 over 34 hands, what made me think that he is a fish and might just make a spewy move or something with a pocket below JJ.
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Its difficult spot we dont want to face often:) ) but here is my oppininon

In hands like that i would not 4 bet FLOP. I ask my self what do i want to achieve...i would like to be called with worse hand and in this case you have to ask yourself what hand your opponent is willing to call with?

Maybe i would just call flop and and then reavaluate turn.

Lest wait for judges:) )
    • veriz
      Hello BrinkyBill,

Preflop: Well, the first cruel mistake is right here, there are 2 limpers and you ain't even taking them into account. Your raise size is horrible here.

As played
      Postflop: Well, actually it ain't a 3bet but it's just a raise. Most likely myself I'd even be inclined to just Call, since he will have anyways hard time to continue there. Jx is of course possible as well.

Best Regards.