UTG+1: $5.00
      MP: $5.85
      Hero (CO): $2.19
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $1.90
      BB: $6.70

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.26, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.55, 2 players) 8:diamond: 9:heart: 9:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.27, 2 players) 4:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.57, MP calls $1.57

River: ($4.41, 2 players) A:diamond:

MP shows T:diamond: 9:spade: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 13%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 87%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      MP wins $4.12

Villain is loose passive with stats: 36 12 1.2
      On turn I am a bit worried but would like to bet in order to protect from draws.
      My thought is: If I bet 3/4 I will be committed. Thats why I go all in.

Should I have made a normal bet or even checked behind?
  • 2 replies
    • EnterG
      Can t really say if you played good or bad this hand after the flop.Before the flop i think your decision was correct (maybe a little smaller bet about two and a half of his raise but let s say it s ok).

A range of 36% vpip is not too small but not too big also.What you should really check in this situation preflop is : fold to 3 bet ! What was that number ? If he is a new player with few hands to see then you can t really be sure about this.

After the flop you should check the fold to continuation bet on flop and turn % .There are some people who simply like to see the flop.I put 9T in his range.If you see that he has big % fold to continuation bet and you did it and he didn t fold then you should play more passive.Also you should consider that you have an overpair but there are 3 more which beats you.I put all pairs in his range so maybe he could have a full house !I think this player plays all 9Xs 89o and 9To and maybe after the flop if he didn t hit anything or a possible draw he give up.

Last i suggest one thing.I was using pokertracker too.Now i use elephant and i think it s much better.You can see all stats of what i said near players name.

And remember : you can t win all hands even versus noob players.This was a difficult situation to be in .

I am not pro.I am another player like you and this is only an opinion. :rolleyes:
    • veriz
      Hello StraGus,

Well, if you are going for a 3bet then this also means you are 3betting for value, which means you are also betting it on flop & turn and most likely going broke. There is no way we are folding there or giving it up.

Only option would be to play it more passively preflop and just Call vs him.

Best Regards.