This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL30 preflop math

• Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      SB ($29.25)
      Hero ($38.71)
      CO ($21.03)
      BTN ($40.11)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

fold, BTN raises to $0.90, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $7.85, fold, fold

Hero shows A:club: K:spade:

Hero wins $6.90

SB is 19/15 4,3 3-bet, 58% fold to 4-bet, 7k sample
      So i 4-bet w AKo vs solid reg. If he pushes i have to have 53% to make a profitable call.
      Witch is 22 to call in 39 about 54%. If i put him on push range of QQ+, AKo, Aks i have about 39% equity. so longterm fold 4-bet fold is profitable, altrough i wouldn fold this once i 4-bet it. I put his range tight since this is cold 4-bet and he is more likley to fold than to avarage 4-bet back to his 3-bet, also positions matter. So my toughts are that i could better off 4-bet/fold bluff in these spots but just make it little bit bigger size like 8,20$. anyways is this correct and would you play any different in this spot from what i said? Also got to remmember this is no NL50 and regs are somewhat tigher here with less creativity.
      Btw this is great spot for 4-bet bluff since both their ranges are wide, so until they pick up on my 4-bet this is nice move.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zemnieks11,

What about the BTN guy? What's his stats, steals and stuff?

But of course this a great spot to 4bet/Bluff vs such opponents, although then it's also the case that the opponent has to have rather higher 3bet than this one. Against this one I doubt that we are going to play our AKo very profitable vs his go-broke range, at the best it's a flip for us anyways. Usually in those spots I might even be towards just folding my hand while the nit is in the play.

If he is folding 58% of the cases to the 4bet then it really has to mean that he mostly 3bets with strong made hands, folds something like AKo/JJ or whatsoever. Although I doubt that the guy would even 3bet with them which often happens with them.

If we are 4bet/Go-Broke here, we need ~36% equity here. But against something like:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    66.76%  59.97%   6.80% { QQ+, AKs }
      UTG+1  33.24%  26.44%   6.80% { AKo }

We ain't even getting it, so it's still for me 4bet/Fold unfortunately. Practically turning my hand into bluff and I wouldn't even raise much bigger.

Best Regards.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      interesting :)
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      what about calling SB's 3b?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      what about calling SB's 3b?
      Unfortunately nope, we can't really Call profitable vs such a nit-3bet. :( With just calling you ain't gonna play the hand profitable. Unless you expect him also to 3bet hands like AJ/AQ. And even then it's gonna be pretty hard to play it postflop.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Why do we need 36% equity? If I put it all together correctly, we would then need to pay 13.18$ to win 42.15$ (vs SB), that would mean we need over cca 31% equity...?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jkob
      Why do we need 36% equity? If I put it all together correctly, we would then need to pay 13.18$ to win 42.15$ (vs SB), that would mean we need over cca 31% equity...?
      Pot = $0,90 + $3 + $7,85 + $26,25 (SB stack)
      To Call = $21,4
      Pot Total = $59,4 (With Rake)

Equity = $21,4/$59,4 = 36% equity
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Oh sorry, I accidently took CO stack into consideration (that's why I said we would need to call 13.xx$). My bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jkob
      Oh sorry, I accidently took CO stack into consideration (that's why I said we would need to call 13.xx$). My bad.
      No problemo, glad that you hopped by and said your opinion. :) I am not a robot, even I can do mistakes.