fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.50) A:club: 7:diamond: 7:heart:

SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.55

TURN ($2.10) A:club: 7:diamond: 7:heart: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.10) A:club: 7:diamond: 7:heart: 4:heart: J:diamond:

SB bets $1.05, Hero folds

SB wins $2

I think I just give up on the turn, since when he calls my flop raise he will almost always have an ace. I also don't think that he is able to fold an ace even if I keep barreling.

Do you think the flop raise is +EV though?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BrinkyBill,

Well, depends really on the opponent. Although of course flop line seems to be fine. Just think the other way, if you had an Ace, would you also raise the flop while it's so dry?

Best Regards.
    • BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      Now that I think about it again, I think if I raise the flop I have to fire at least one more bet on the turn. Because he could be calling with a pair like 99+ which he might fold to another bet on the turn. This way I can pretty much get everything to fold except a 7 and a good A, because I think he will fold broadway hands on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BrinkyBill
      Now that I think about it again, I think if I raise the flop I have to fire at least one more bet on the turn. Because he could be calling with a pair like 99+ which he might fold to another bet on the turn. This way I can pretty much get everything to fold except a 7 and a good A, because I think he will fold broadway hands on the flop.
      Nah, if he is Calling you on flop then I am not 2nd barreling. Just giving it up. Even if you expect him to Call you so light then there is no point to raise those opponents at all, rather wait for a hand.